Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista - VxWorks ; Yes, I have been forced to use Tornado 2.0 on a laptop with Vista (The "forced" part is related to Vista, not to Tornado :-)) Well, it behaves better than expected (after playing with Firewall), BUT, every time a launch ...

  1. Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista

    Yes, I have been forced to use Tornado 2.0 on a laptop with Vista (The
    "forced" part is related to Vista, not to Tornado :-))

    Well, it behaves better than expected (after playing with Firewall),
    BUT, every time a launch Tornado, seven windows with the same error
    appear (gdb error: cannor register COM server).

    I have not used gdb yet in this laptop, but I suspect I will have
    problems with the serial communicactions with my targets.

    Any experiences about this? Any workarounds? And no, I cannot downgrade
    to XP. And no, I cannot purchase Wind River support.

  2. Re: Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista

    Ignacio G.T. escribió:
    > Yes, I have been forced to use Tornado 2.0 on a laptop with Vista (The
    > "forced" part is related to Vista, not to Tornado :-))
    >
    > Well, it behaves better than expected (after playing with Firewall),
    > BUT, every time a launch Tornado, seven windows with the same error
    > appear (gdb error: cannor register COM server).
    >
    > I have not used gdb yet in this laptop, but I suspect I will have
    > problems with the serial communicactions with my targets.
    >
    > Any experiences about this? Any workarounds? And no, I cannot downgrade
    > to XP. And no, I cannot purchase Wind River support.

    I have been able to get rid of the gdb errors. Just execute tornado,
    gdb, etc. with administrator privileges, and with XP compatibility, and
    that's all.

    Alas, although ccsimpc compiler works well, gcc386 refuses to do so.

    Grrr.

  3. Re: Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista

    Ignacio G.T. wrote:
    > Ignacio G.T. escribió:
    >> Yes, I have been forced to use Tornado 2.0 on a laptop with Vista (The
    >> "forced" part is related to Vista, not to Tornado :-))
    >>
    >> Well, it behaves better than expected (after playing with Firewall),
    >> BUT, every time a launch Tornado, seven windows with the same error
    >> appear (gdb error: cannor register COM server).
    >>
    >> I have not used gdb yet in this laptop, but I suspect I will have
    >> problems with the serial communicactions with my targets.
    >>
    >> Any experiences about this? Any workarounds? And no, I cannot
    >> downgrade to XP. And no, I cannot purchase Wind River support.

    > I have been able to get rid of the gdb errors. Just execute tornado,
    > gdb, etc. with administrator privileges, and with XP compatibility, and
    > that's all.
    >
    > Alas, although ccsimpc compiler works well, gcc386 refuses to do so.
    >
    > Grrr.

    What symptoms do you see when you run cc386? Maybe we can advise...

  4. Re: Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista

    Bill Cox escribió:
    > Ignacio G.T. wrote:
    >> Ignacio G.T. escribió:
    >>> Yes, I have been forced to use Tornado 2.0 on a laptop with Vista
    >>> (The "forced" part is related to Vista, not to Tornado :-))
    >>>
    >>> Well, it behaves better than expected (after playing with Firewall),
    >>> BUT, every time a launch Tornado, seven windows with the same error
    >>> appear (gdb error: cannor register COM server).
    >>>
    >>> I have not used gdb yet in this laptop, but I suspect I will have
    >>> problems with the serial communicactions with my targets.
    >>>
    >>> Any experiences about this? Any workarounds? And no, I cannot
    >>> downgrade to XP. And no, I cannot purchase Wind River support.

    >> I have been able to get rid of the gdb errors. Just execute tornado,
    >> gdb, etc. with administrator privileges, and with XP compatibility,
    >> and that's all.
    >>
    >> Alas, although ccsimpc compiler works well, gcc386 refuses to do so.
    >>
    >> Grrr.

    > What symptoms do you see when you run cc386? Maybe we can advise...

    It begins to compile, but before the first C file is completely
    compiled, Vista gets angry, tells me that gcc386 has ceased to function
    properly, announces me that it is going to look for a solution to the
    problem (solution that never arrives), and suggests terminating the
    offending application (gcc386). What else could I do, but to press OK?

    Anyway, I have convinced the laptop administrator to downgrade it. ¡Vaya
    vista la del tío Billy...!

  5. Re: Tornado 2.0 on Windows Vista

    On Feb 25, 8:23 pm, "Ignacio G.T."
    wrote:
    > Bill Cox escribió:
    >

    > > Ignacio G.T. wrote:

    > >> I have been able to get rid of the gdb errors. Just execute tornado,
    > >> gdb, etc. with administrator privileges, and with XP compatibility,
    > >> and that's all.

    > >> Alas, although ccsimpc compiler works well, gcc386 refuses to do so.

    > >> Grrr.

    > > What symptoms do you see when you run cc386? Maybe we can advise...

    > It begins to compile, but before the first C file is completely
    > compiled, Vista gets angry, tells me that gcc386 has ceased to function
    > properly, announces me that it is going to look for a solution to the
    > problem (solution that never arrives), and suggests terminating the
    > offending application (gcc386). What else could I do, but to press OK?
    >
    > Anyway, I have convinced the laptop administrator to downgrade it. ¡Vaya
    > vista la del tío Billy...!

    Hello,

    Can anybody help me out .....
    I have windows Vista and I am using tornado 2.0. I am able to compile
    the code but when
    I try to download the output file to the simulator I am getting an
    error

    " svctcp_.c - cannot get sockname or listen "

    Please let me know how can I resolve this. Its definitely vista
    problem.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread