Multi core support - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Multi core support - VxWorks ; Hi All, What are the changes, I have to do for multi-core support? Is it possible to port the VxWorks 6.4 to multi-core processor? If I want to test whether the multiple cores are working, then What I have to ...

  1. Multi core support

    Hi All,

    What are the changes, I have to do for multi-core support?

    Is it possible to port the VxWorks 6.4 to multi-core processor?

    If I want to test whether the multiple cores are working, then What I
    have to do?

    Thanks in Advance
    Regards,
    Papi

  2. Re: Multi core support

    Hi,

    Try
    a) In your config.h do not use INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE and let it assume
    that you are using pentium.

    b) If a) does not work, you need to change MSR setting in
    pcPentiumLib.c probably. if you have source I can guide you to the
    settings, if not then you need to ask WindRiver.

    Of course it won't be able to take advantage of both core and to do
    that you will have to go for 6.6.

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

  3. Re: Multi core support

    Hi,
    Thanks 4 u'r reply ...

    I have tried in VxWorks 6.4. But in PentiumMsrInit(), it gets hang.

    I have the source code for pentiumLib.c. For Multicore, what is the
    change, i.e. I have to do in MSR settings?

    Now I am looking into MSR settings.

    Regards,
    papi

  4. Re: Multi core support

    did you try not to use INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE ?

  5. Re: Multi core support

    On Feb 8, 6:15*pm, VKG Ritsoft Technologies
    wrote:
    > did you try not to use INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE ?

    Hi VKG,
    I am also support the multi-core in VxWorks 6.4.

    What is the need for disabling the INCLUDE_CPU_PROBE?

    Since Intel processors support the CPU ID instrctions.

    -Thanks
    K.Ananth

  6. Re: Multi core support

    Hi Ananth,

    VxWorks 6.4 does not support SMP, so what I suggested is to let
    vxWorks know that it is just a pentium to make it work (however in
    this case only 1 core will be used but you can have something working.

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

+ Reply to Thread