multiuser support in vxworks 6.4 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on multiuser support in vxworks 6.4 - VxWorks ; can we use vxworks 6.4 as server for multiusers. i mean can multiple users(using dumb terminals ) access the server running vxworks 6.4 as only operating system using commands similar to telnet or putty of linux. Regards, Arjun...

  1. multiuser support in vxworks 6.4

    can we use vxworks 6.4 as server for multiusers.
    i mean can multiple users(using dumb terminals ) access the server
    running vxworks 6.4 as only operating system using commands similar to
    telnet or putty of linux.

    Regards,
    Arjun

  2. Re: multiuser support in vxworks 6.4

    Hello Arjun,

    VxWorks is not a multi-user system but it is possible to telnet into
    it and, I am pretty sure, several simultaneous telnet sessions are now
    (VxWorks 6.x) accepted. Of course every user will have access to the
    whole kernel so some care should be taken when running code.

    Cheers,

    --
    PAD

+ Reply to Thread