Reg Stack Size !! - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Reg Stack Size !! - VxWorks ; Hi, We are running our application in VxWorks in PPC environment. We are facing some problems while giving stack size to my application. 1. We are creating one task with the stack size of 64K Then by giving "checkStack" command, ...

  1. Reg Stack Size !!

    Hi,

    We are running our application in VxWorks in PPC environment.

    We are facing some problems while giving stack size to my application.

    1. We are creating one task with the stack size of 64K

    Then by giving "checkStack" command, it is showing high value as 16 K.

    2. The same application if I run with 256K stack size,

    "checkStack" command showing high value as 160K.

    Can you please let me know what might be the wrong?

    Regards
    Satish.

  2. Re: Reg Stack Size !!

    On Jan 26, 4:45 am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are running our application in VxWorks in PPC environment.
    >
    > We are facing some problems while giving stack size to my application.
    >
    > 1. We are creating one task with the stack size of 64K
    >
    > Then by giving "checkStack" command, it is showing high value as 16 K.
    >
    > 2. The same application if I run with 256K stack size,
    >
    > "checkStack" command showing high value as 160K.
    >
    > Can you please let me know what might be the wrong?

    This should scare you.
    It means one of two things.
    1) the task that owns the stack is occasionally writing way down deep
    into the stack, leaving fairly large portions of it untouched.
    2) some other task or code is writing into the stack.

    HTH,
    GV

+ Reply to Thread