VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences? - VxWorks ; Hello, I have been told that some of the system libraries in VxWorks 6.4 and above have been rewritten. I have a BSP that works in VxWorks 6.3 but does not work in VxWorks 6.4 or above. The BSP came ...

  1. VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences?

    Hello,

    I have been told that some of the system libraries in VxWorks 6.4 and
    above have been rewritten.

    I have a BSP that works in VxWorks 6.3 but does not work in VxWorks
    6.4 or above. The BSP came with source code so I am thinking of
    migrating it to 6.4.

    What are the differences? The network library was mentioned in my
    discussions.

    Regards!
    Xavi

  2. Re: VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences?

    Hi Xavi,

    I know that a complete new IP stack is introduced in vxWorks 6.5 and
    above but not sure if there is a big difference between 6.3 and 6.4.
    Better to ask WindRiver for release notes.

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

  3. Re: VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences?

    Wind River claims that 6.6 has a much better performance

    HB

    "VKG Ritsoft Technologies" wrote in message
    > Hi Xavi,
    >
    > I know that a complete new IP stack is introduced in vxWorks 6.5 and
    > above but not sure if there is a big difference between 6.3 and 6.4.
    > Better to ask WindRiver for release notes.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

  4. Re: VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences?

    Hello Xavi,

    Among the big things I remember: starting with VxWorks 6.4 there is a
    POSIX PSE52 conforming execution for RTPs (this is optional); a new IP
    stack has been introduced in VxWorks 6.5; also VxWorks 6.6 provides
    support for Symmetric Multi Processing.

    Check on Wind River's web site. the Search feature should be able to
    unearth the information you are looking for.

    Cheers,

    --
    PAD

  5. Re: VxWorks 6.3 vs. VxWorks 6.4 (and 5 and 6) - differences?

    HB wrote:
    > Wind River claims that 6.6 has a much better performance
    >
    > HB
    >
    > "VKG Ritsoft Technologies" wrote in message
    >> Hi Xavi,
    >>
    >> I know that a complete new IP stack is introduced in vxWorks 6.5 and
    >> above but not sure if there is a big difference between 6.3 and 6.4.
    >> Better to ask WindRiver for release notes.
    >>
    >> Best Regards
    >> VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

    I'd sure like to see some actual numbers from real users since Wind
    River has been claiming better performance in the 'next' release for
    about 15 years. In general they have delivered on 'better' but at times
    I feel like we are evaluating the XYZZY school systems that do 25%
    better year over year but still are the lowest performing schools in the
    country.

    Of course not every problem is Wind River's fault as at times the issues
    are in hardware or specific vendor's BSPs/Drivers.

+ Reply to Thread