NFS Mount Command - VxWorks

This is a discussion on NFS Mount Command - VxWorks ; Hi All, I have VxWork 6.3 image with NFS enabled. I am using following things. ->nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl" value = 0 = 0x0 -> cd "/ataApl" value = 0 = 0x0 -> ls Can;t open "(null)". value = -1 = 0xffffffff ...

  1. NFS Mount Command

    Hi All,
    I have VxWork 6.3 image with NFS enabled. I am using following
    things.

    ->nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
    value = 0 = 0x0

    -> cd "/ataApl"
    value = 0 = 0x0
    -> ls
    Can;t open "(null)".
    value = -1 = 0xffffffff
    -> ld < system
    C interp: unable to open 'system'.
    errno = 0x30000d : S_nfsLib_NFSERR_ACCESS.

    ls command is failing here. I have PC win XP. Where i have installed
    the SFU on window to support NFS server/client also i have installed
    server for PCNFS. All the services are running under windows.
    I have shared the c:/ata (NFSsharing is enabled using NFS sharing TAB)
    If any body has more info on this.

    Regards
    Milind

  2. Re: NFS Mount Command

    On Jan 24, 7:15*am, hey_milind wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > *I have VxWork 6.3 image with NFS enabled. * I am using following
    > things.
    >
    > ->nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
    > value = 0 = 0x0
    >
    > -> cd "/ataApl"
    > value = 0 = 0x0
    > -> ls
    > Can;t open "(null)".
    > value = -1 = 0xffffffff
    > -> ld < system
    > C interp: unable to open 'system'.
    > errno = 0x30000d : S_nfsLib_NFSERR_ACCESS.
    >
    > ls command is failing here. I have PC win XP. Where i have installed
    > the SFU on window to support NFS server/client also i have installed
    > server for PCNFS. All the services are running under windows.
    > I have shared the c:/ata (NFSsharing is enabled using NFS sharing TAB)
    > If any body has more info on this.
    >
    > Regards
    > Milind

    Your syntax on the VxWorks side looks correct. My guess would be the
    configuration of your NFS server. Try the mailing list for PCNFS

  3. Re: NFS Mount Command

    From what you have posted, in your message, the following looks like
    the culprit.
    You are mounting an NFS client using ...
    nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
    where ...
    "pc" is name of server to which you want to connect
    "/c/ataApl" is the name of the export directory on the server
    "ataApI" is the name of your client's mount point.

    Well, technically the 3rd parameter is not really the mount point, but
    rather the name of the entry to be used in the device listing. And
    this, is I believe wherein the problem lies. In your next step, you
    are cd'ing to "/ataApI" using ...
    cd "/ataApI"
    Assuming there was not a typo in your post, the problem is that you
    are trying to cd to "/ataApI", which does not exist in the device
    table. However, "ataApI" does exist in the device table. Assuming
    you are operating within kernel space, the cd command does not prevent
    you from trying to cd to a non-existent directory. If you have PSE52
    enabled and are operating in RTP space, then you will not be allowed
    to cd to a non-existent directory.

    I hope this helps.

    Peter Mitsis

    On Jan 24, 8:15*am, hey_milind wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > *I have VxWork 6.3 image with NFS enabled. * I am using following
    > things.
    >
    > ->nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
    > value = 0 = 0x0
    >
    > -> cd "/ataApl"
    > value = 0 = 0x0
    > -> ls
    > Can;t open "(null)".
    > value = -1 = 0xffffffff
    > -> ld < system
    > C interp: unable to open 'system'.
    > errno = 0x30000d : S_nfsLib_NFSERR_ACCESS.
    >
    > ls command is failing here. I have PC win XP. Where i have installed
    > the SFU on window to support NFS server/client also i have installed
    > server for PCNFS. All the services are running under windows.
    > I have shared the c:/ata (NFSsharing is enabled using NFS sharing TAB)
    > If any body has more info on this.
    >
    > Regards
    > Milind

  4. Re: NFS Mount Command

    On Jan 27, 2:32*am, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    > From what you have posted, in your message, the following looks like
    > the culprit.
    > You are mounting an NFS client using ...
    > * * nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
    > where ...
    > * *"pc" is name of server to which you want to connect
    > * *"/c/ataApl" is the name of the export directory on the server
    > * *"ataApI" is the name of your client's mount point.
    >
    > Well, technically the 3rd parameter is not really the mount point, but
    > rather the name of the entry to be used in the device listing. *And
    > this, is I believe wherein the problem lies. *In your next step, you
    > are cd'ing to "/ataApI" using ...
    > * * cd "/ataApI"
    > Assuming there was not a typo in your post, the problem is that you
    > are trying to cd to "/ataApI", which does not exist in the device
    > table. *However, "ataApI" does exist in the device table. *Assuming
    > you are operating within kernel space, the cd command does not prevent
    > you from trying to cd to a non-existent directory. *If you have PSE52
    > enabled and are operating in RTP space, then you will not be allowed
    > to cd to a non-existent directory.
    >
    > I hope this helps.
    >
    > Peter Mitsis
    >
    > On Jan 24, 8:15*am, hey_milind wrote:
    >

    > > Hi All,
    > > *I have VxWork 6.3 image with NFS enabled. * I am using following
    > > things.

    > > ->nfsMount "pc","/c/ataApl","ataApl"
    > > value = 0 = 0x0

    > > -> cd "/ataApl"
    > > value = 0 = 0x0
    > > -> ls
    > > Can;t open "(null)".
    > > value = -1 = 0xffffffff
    > > -> ld < system
    > > C interp: unable to open 'system'.
    > > errno = 0x30000d : S_nfsLib_NFSERR_ACCESS.

    > > ls command is failing here. I have PC win XP. Where i have installed
    > > the SFU on window to support NFS server/client also i have installed
    > > server for PCNFS. All the services are running under windows.
    > > I have shared the c:/ata (NFSsharing is enabled using NFS sharing TAB)
    > > If any body has more info on this.

    > > Regards
    > > Milind- Hide quoted text -

    the problem got solved. it was the issue of the Windows local
    security settings. I went to local security settings->Local policies-
    >Security Options-> Let every one permissions apply to the anonymous

    users. I have enabled this option. After that issue got resolved.

+ Reply to Thread