Compressed loadable modules? Are they possible? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Compressed loadable modules? Are they possible? - VxWorks ; I know that I can create compressed boot images, however, can I create compressed loadable modules? I basically want to be able to compress the loadable application I have stored in flash, but load into the symbol table using the ...

  1. Compressed loadable modules? Are they possible?

    I know that I can create compressed boot images, however, can I create
    compressed loadable modules? I basically want to be able to compress
    the loadable application I have stored in flash, but load into the
    symbol table using the "ld" command. Will "ld" handle a compressed
    loadable module? If so, what can I use to compress it?

    I would prefer to avoid doing the decompression into a ramdisk (for
    example), and the loading (i.e. ld) from the ramdisk.

    Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

  2. Re: Compressed loadable modules? Are they possible?

    On Jan 22, 1:25*pm, Aaron MacD wrote:
    > I know that I can create compressed boot images, however, can I create
    > compressed loadable modules? *I basically want to be able to compress
    > the loadable application I have stored in flash, but load into the
    > symbol table using the "ld" command. *Will "ld" handle a compressed
    > loadable module? *If so, what can I use to compress it?
    >
    > I would prefer to avoid doing the decompression into a ramdisk (for
    > example), and the loading (i.e. ld) from the ramdisk.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Aaron

    This functionality isn't builtin to VxWorks as far as I know. If you
    could create a device that decompresses into a file descriptor, then
    loadModule would work. Your best bet (in my opinion), is to use the
    romCompress image option and avoid ld.

+ Reply to Thread