USB flash drive in BootROM - VxWorks

This is a discussion on USB flash drive in BootROM - VxWorks ; Hi friends, The USB flash drive is detected in VxWorks OS image. It is displaying like this "Found Bulk Device with 1 Logical units at node 202" in VxWorks prompt. The devs command displays the device /bd0 and I can ...

  1. USB flash drive in BootROM

    Hi friends,
    The USB flash drive is detected in VxWorks OS image. It is
    displaying like this "Found Bulk Device with 1 Logical units at node
    202" in VxWorks prompt.
    The devs command displays the device /bd0 and I can see the files in
    it.

    I have included the following components in kernel configuration.

    #define INCLUDE_USB
    #define INCLUDE_EHCI
    #define INCLUDE_UHCI
    #define INCLUDE_USB_INIT
    #define INCLUDE_EHCI_INIT
    #define INCLUDE_UHCI_INIT
    #define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY
    #define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY_INIT

    I have added the above macros in config.h of BSP. But in BootROM, it
    is not detecting the USB flash drive. In available boot devices, it is
    showing only fei0, fd, ata devices.

    I increased the Boot-ROM size by 4MB, but no detection at all.

    What will be the problem. I think, I am missing some components.

    Please give your ideas.

    The Version is VxWorks 6.4 and arch is X86.

    -Thanks and Regards,
    C.Premnath

  2. Re: USB flash drive in BootROM

    On Jan 22, 7:52*pm, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi friends,
    > * *The USB flash drive is detected in VxWorks OS image. It is
    > displaying like this "Found Bulk Device with 1 Logical units at node
    > 202" in VxWorks prompt.
    > The devs command displays the device /bd0 *and *I can see the files in
    > it.
    >
    > *I have included the following components in kernel configuration.
    >
    > #define INCLUDE_USB
    > #define INCLUDE_EHCI
    > #define INCLUDE_UHCI
    > #define INCLUDE_USB_INIT
    > #define INCLUDE_EHCI_INIT
    > #define INCLUDE_UHCI_INIT
    > #define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY
    > #define * *INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY_INIT
    >
    > I have added the above macros in config.h of BSP. But in BootROM, it
    > is not detecting the USB flash drive. In available boot devices, it is
    > showing only fei0, fd, ata devices.
    >
    > I increased the Boot-ROM size by 4MB, but no detection at all.
    >
    > What will be the problem. I think, I am missing some components.
    >
    > *Please give your ideas.
    >
    > *The Version is VxWorks 6.4 and arch is X86.
    >
    > -Thanks and Regards,
    > C.Premnath

    Hi Friends,
    For Testing purpose, I have added the INCLUDE_USB_BOOTand
    INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER macros in config.h, but BootROM is not
    detecting the flash drive.

    -Thanks
    C.Premnath

  3. Re: USB flash drive in BootROM

    On Jan 22, 10:00 am, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jan 22, 7:52 pm, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi friends,
    > > TheUSBflash drive is detected inVxWorksOS image. It is
    > > displaying like this "Found Bulk Device with 1 Logical units at node
    > > 202" inVxWorksprompt.
    > > The devs command displays the device /bd0 and I can see the files in
    > > it.

    > > I have included the following components in kernel configuration.

    > > #define INCLUDE_USB
    > > #define INCLUDE_EHCI
    > > #define INCLUDE_UHCI
    > > #define INCLUDE_USB_INIT
    > > #define INCLUDE_EHCI_INIT
    > > #define INCLUDE_UHCI_INIT
    > > #define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY
    > > #define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY_INIT

    > > I have added the above macros in config.h of BSP. But in BootROM, it
    > > is not detecting theUSBflash drive. In available boot devices, it is
    > > showing only fei0, fd, ata devices.

    > > I increased the Boot-ROM size by 4MB, but no detection at all.

    > > What will be the problem. I think, I am missing some components.

    > > Please give your ideas.

    > > The Version isVxWorks6.4 and arch is X86.

    > > -Thanks and Regards,
    > > C.Premnath

    > Hi Friends,
    > For Testing purpose, I have added the INCLUDE_USB_BOOTand
    > INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER macros in config.h, but BootROM is not
    > detecting the flash drive.
    >
    > -Thanks
    > C.Premnath

    I have a feeling you already checked this out but i dealt with this
    last week: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....6b5c4deb756fca

    Heres what you dont have that I have though my 6.6 may be different
    than your 6.4:

    #define INCLUDE_EHCI_BUS
    #define INCLUDE_UHCI_BUS

    #define INCLUDE_DOSFS
    #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_MAIN
    #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_CHKDSK
    #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_FMT
    #define INCLUDE_FS_MONITOR
    #define INCLUDE_ERF
    #define INCLUDE_XBD
    #define INCLUDE_DEVICE_MANAGER
    #define INCLUDE_XBD_PART_LIB

    feel free to contact me with any questions

    Link

  4. Re: USB flash drive in BootROM

    On Jan 24, 8:25*am, "linknu...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > On Jan 22, 10:00 am, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Jan 22, 7:52 pm, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Hi friends,
    > > > * *TheUSBflash drive is detected inVxWorksOS image. It is
    > > > displaying like this "Found Bulk Device with 1 Logical units at node
    > > > 202" inVxWorksprompt.
    > > > The devs command displays the device /bd0 *and *I can see the files in
    > > > it.

    > > > *I have included the following components in kernel configuration.

    > > > #define INCLUDE_USB
    > > > #define INCLUDE_EHCI
    > > > #define INCLUDE_UHCI
    > > > #define INCLUDE_USB_INIT
    > > > #define INCLUDE_EHCI_INIT
    > > > #define INCLUDE_UHCI_INIT
    > > > #define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY
    > > > #define * *INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY_INIT

    > > > I have added the above macros in config.h of BSP. But in BootROM, it
    > > > is not detecting theUSBflash drive. In available boot devices, it is
    > > > showing only fei0, fd, ata devices.

    > > > I increased the Boot-ROM size by 4MB, but no detection at all.

    > > > What will be the problem. I think, I am missing some components.

    > > > *Please give your ideas.

    > > > *The Version isVxWorks6.4 and arch is X86.

    > > > -Thanks and Regards,
    > > > C.Premnath

    > > Hi Friends,
    > > *For Testing purpose, I have added the INCLUDE_USB_BOOTand
    > > INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER macros in config.h, but BootROM is not
    > > detecting the flash drive.

    > > -Thanks
    > > C.Premnath

    > I have a feeling you already checked this out but i dealt with this
    > last week:http://groups.google.com/group/comp....hread/thread/7...
    >
    > Heres what you dont have that I have though my 6.6 may be different
    > than your *6.4:
    >
    > #define INCLUDE_EHCI_BUS
    > #define INCLUDE_UHCI_BUS
    >
    > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS
    > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_MAIN
    > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_CHKDSK
    > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_FMT
    > #define INCLUDE_FS_MONITOR
    > #define INCLUDE_ERF
    > #define INCLUDE_XBD
    > #define INCLUDE_DEVICE_MANAGER
    > #define INCLUDE_XBD_PART_LIB
    >
    > feel free to contact me with any questions
    >
    > Link- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Link,
    Is the component INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER available in
    development tool
    components --> boot application components in Kernel configuration ?
    and Is it added in your configuration?

    Could you test like this, remove the INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER in
    config.h of BSP and test whether the USB flash drive is detected in
    BootROM.

    I think, this macro adds the USB flash drive functionality in
    BootROM. Please update the test status.

    -Thanks
    C.Premnath

  5. Re: USB flash drive in BootROM

    On Jan 24, 9:49 am, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jan 24, 8:25 am, "linknu...@gmail.com" wrote:

    > > > Hi Friends,
    > > > For Testing purpose, I have added the INCLUDE_USB_BOOTand
    > > > INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER macros in config.h, but BootROM is not
    > > > detecting the flash drive.

    > > > -Thanks
    > > > C.Premnath

    > > I have a feeling you already checked this out but i dealt with this
    > > last week:http://groups.google.com/group/comp....hread/thread/7...

    > > Heres what you dont have that I have though my 6.6 may be different
    > > than your 6.4:

    > > #define INCLUDE_EHCI_BUS
    > > #define INCLUDE_UHCI_BUS

    > > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS
    > > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_MAIN
    > > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_CHKDSK
    > > #define INCLUDE_DOSFS_FMT
    > > #define INCLUDE_FS_MONITOR
    > > #define INCLUDE_ERF
    > > #define INCLUDE_XBD
    > > #define INCLUDE_DEVICE_MANAGER
    > > #define INCLUDE_XBD_PART_LIB

    > > feel free to contact me with any questions

    > > Link- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi Link,
    > Is the component INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER available in
    > development tool
    > components -->bootapplication components in Kernel configuration ?
    > and Is it added in your configuration?
    >
    > Could you test like this, remove the INCLUDE_BOOT_USB_FS_LOADER in
    > config.h of BSP and test whether theUSBflash drive is detected in
    > BootROM.
    >
    > I think, this macro adds theUSBflash drive functionality in
    > BootROM. Please update the test status.
    >
    > -Thanks
    > C.Premnath

    It is available but has not been added in either kernel config or just
    config.h in our configuration, which is currently working.

+ Reply to Thread