SD card Address - VxWorks

This is a discussion on SD card Address - VxWorks ; Hi, I am developing a driver for SD card in Vxworks 6.5. i have following doubts, 1 The block driver structure BLK_DEV needs bd_nBlocks, bd_bytesPerBlk,bd_blksPerTrack and bd_nHeads to be filled to register the driver to the file system. How to ...

  1. SD card Address

    Hi,
    I am developing a driver for SD card in Vxworks 6.5. i have following
    doubts,

    1 The block driver structure BLK_DEV needs bd_nBlocks,
    bd_bytesPerBlk,bd_blksPerTrack and bd_nHeads to be filled to register
    the driver to the file system. How to identify the blocks, bytes to
    reed, blocks per tracks and the heads for a particular SD card?
    2 During read/write operations the file system sends the block number
    and number of blocks to read as parameters to driver, but to read/
    write data from SD card we need to specify the address of the memory
    location in the command. How to convert the block number in to the SD
    address

    Thanks & Regards,
    krushna kumar v

  2. Re: SD card Address

    On Jan 20, 12:37 pm, krush wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am developing a driver for SD card in Vxworks 6.5. i have following
    > doubts,
    >
    > 1 The block driver structure BLK_DEV needs bd_nBlocks,
    > bd_bytesPerBlk,bd_blksPerTrack and bd_nHeads to be filled to register
    > the driver to the file system. How to identify the blocks, bytes to
    > reed, blocks per tracks and the heads for a particular SD card?
    > 2 During read/write operations the file system sends the block number
    > and number of blocks to read as parameters to driver, but to read/
    > write data from SD card we need to specify the address of the memory
    > location in the command. How to convert the block number in to the SD
    > address
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > krushna kumar v

    dos generally use 512 byte/block as standard ,bd_blksPerTrack is not
    used,use dummy.

    use xbdBlkDevLibInit,xbdBlkDevCreateSync and dosfsdevice (dosfs should
    be initialized)create.
    After device creation you can use simple dosfs open/read/write/close
    on the sd card

    Regards,
    Nabendu

+ Reply to Thread