Difference between message queues in VxWorks and general purpose OS - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Difference between message queues in VxWorks and general purpose OS - VxWorks ; Hi All, I would like to know the differences between message queues in VxWorks and general purpose OS. In general what are the key diff in IPC between VxWorks and gen purpose OS. I came across somewhere that even the ...

  1. Difference between message queues in VxWorks and general purpose OS

    Hi All,

    I would like to know the differences between message queues in VxWorks
    and general purpose OS.
    In general what are the key diff in IPC between VxWorks and gen
    purpose OS. I came across somewhere that even the IPC mechanisms have
    been implemented such that they are deterministic.

    Thanks,
    asm

  2. Re: Difference between message queues in VxWorks and general purposeOS

    On Jan 10, 10:40*am, a...@mail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I would like to know the differences between message queues in VxWorks
    > and general purpose OS.
    > In general what are the key diff in IPC between VxWorks and gen
    > purpose OS. I came across somewhere that even the IPC mechanisms have
    > been implemented such that they are deterministic.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > asm

    VxWorks doesn't have processes so named-pipes and the similar
    mechanisms aren't used frequently (except in the shell with
    ptyDevCreate). Mostly, message queue's and shared-memory with
    semaphors.

+ Reply to Thread