question on MAC address change in the run time - VxWorks

This is a discussion on question on MAC address change in the run time - VxWorks ; Hi Guys, I am using vxWorks5.4.2. I have changed my interface MAC address using the muxIoctl call in the run time.But my "ifnet" structure , that I use to get the MAC address of that interface is not returning the ...

  1. question on MAC address change in the run time

    Hi Guys,
    I am using vxWorks5.4.2. I have changed my interface MAC address using
    the muxIoctl call in the run time.But my "ifnet" structure , that I
    use to get the MAC address of that interface is not returning the new
    MAC address and it seems to be remembering the old MAC still.My
    question is ,do we need to do ipDetach and ipAttach on that interface
    after changing the MAC address in order to get the new MAC address
    take effect in to the "ifnet" structure.Any response on this will help
    me to get through this.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Svr.

  2. Re: question on MAC address change in the run time

    I believe it would be more than that. Below procedure should work;
    however you can play around to see if you can skip something:-)

    ipDetach->muxIoctl->muxDevStop->muxDevStart->ipAttach->ifMaskSet-
    >ifAddrSet->ifFlagChange(with IFF_UP)

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

+ Reply to Thread