VxWorks Host Shell Clear Screen Question - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks Host Shell Clear Screen Question - VxWorks ; We would like to do a clear screen from a program we start on the host shell command line. system("cls") doesn't actually clear it. Anyone know how to do it? Thanks, Carl...

  1. VxWorks Host Shell Clear Screen Question

    We would like to do a clear screen from a program we start on the host
    shell command line.
    system("cls") doesn't actually clear it. Anyone know how to do it?

    Thanks,
    Carl

  2. Re: VxWorks Host Shell Clear Screen Question

    On Jan 2, 8:15 pm, Ruzzer wrote:
    > We would like to do a clear screen from a program we start on the host
    > shell command line.
    > system("cls") doesn't actually clear it. Anyone know how to do it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Carl

    Try your own clearScreen something like

    void myClearScreen ()
    {
    printf ("\33[2J"); /*ESC[2J - Escape sequence for Erasing the screen
    */
    }

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

  3. Re: VxWorks Host Shell Clear Screen Question

    On Jan 2, 5:27*pm, VKG Ritsoft Technologies
    wrote:
    > On Jan 2, 8:15 pm, Ruzzer wrote:
    >
    > > We would like to do a clear screen from a program we start on the host
    > > shell command line.
    > >system("cls") doesn't actually clear it. *Anyone know how to do it?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Carl

    > Try your own clearScreen something like
    >
    > void myClearScreen ()
    > {
    > printf ("\33[2J"); /*ESC[2J - Escape sequence for Erasing the screen
    > */
    >
    > }
    >
    > Best Regards
    > VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

    Thanks, sorry for the late reply. That works for the terminal window
    but doesn't seem to work for the Host Shell....

    Carl

+ Reply to Thread