Hi,
I am working on VME base Cards (Champ AV4 board and Single Power PC
board). Here i need to communicate between these cards through VME
bus. I gone through some materials on net regarding VME but i am not
clear about the concepts.I was confused on the following points.
1. One card has to act as master and another one as slave while
communicating or both can act as master bcz as in Vme standard we can
have number of masters but only one controller.
2. How to fix the destination address and the address is local card
VME address or the other card VME base addr/(VME base addr+any
offset).
3. How to change the card to Master/Slave Type.
4. Any places need to be altered in BSP files.

On Champ AV4 board:
A->showVme

VME Interrupt Mapping:
Resvd -> A ACFAIL -> A MBOX0 -> A
VME1 -> A SYSFAIL -> A MBOX1 -> A
VME2 -> A SWIACK -> A MBOX2 -> A
VME3 -> A VIEEN -> A MBOX3 -> A
VME4 -> A VERR -> A LM0 -> A
VME5 -> A PERREN -> A LM1 -> A
VME6 -> A Resvd -> A LM2 -> A
VME7 -> A Resvd -> A LM3 -> A

VME PCI
Window Address Address Length ---Options---
S-0 0x000a0000 0xc0010000 0x00020000 w_slave_en,Prog,super,A32
S-1 0x00100000 0xc0100000 0x04000000 w_slave_en,Prog,super,A32
value = 3423648 = 0x343da0 = vnode_types + 0xd74

Expecting some suggestions that will clear my doubts.