Debug memory-related problems in vxWorks - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Debug memory-related problems in vxWorks - VxWorks ; Hi all, I am looking for tools that will help me catch and debug memory- related problems in vxWorks. Unfortunately, my development environment is quite old, specifically Tornado 2.0.2 on a Dy4-182 PowerPC running vxWorks 5.4.1. I am interested in ...

  1. Debug memory-related problems in vxWorks

    Hi all,

    I am looking for tools that will help me catch and debug memory-
    related problems in vxWorks. Unfortunately, my development environment
    is quite old, specifically Tornado 2.0.2 on a Dy4-182 PowerPC running
    vxWorks 5.4.1. I am interested in tools that detect things like over-
    stepping array bounds, use of dangling pointers, memory allocation and
    freeing errors including mismatches, use of memory outside the task,
    leaks, etc. I am familiar with memScope, but there are tools for other
    development platforms with significantly more capability (e.g.
    Parasoft Insure++). Are any of you familiar with more advanced tools
    that are compatible with my development environment?

    Thanks you,

    Troy

  2. Re: Debug memory-related problems in vxWorks

    Just wondering, did you even get the Insure++ to work for vxWorks 5.4?
    We had hard time to get it to work with the newer version (6.x).

    On Dec 21 2007, 1:11 pm, troyeva...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am looking for tools that will help me catch and debug memory-
    > related problems in vxWorks. Unfortunately, my development environment
    > is quite old, specifically Tornado 2.0.2 on a Dy4-182 PowerPC running
    > vxWorks 5.4.1. I am interested in tools that detect things like over-
    > stepping array bounds, use of dangling pointers, memory allocation and
    > freeing errors including mismatches, use of memory outside the task,
    > leaks, etc. I am familiar with memScope, but there are tools for other
    > development platforms with significantly more capability (e.g.
    > Parasoft Insure++). Are any of you familiar with more advanced tools
    > that are compatible with my development environment?
    >
    > Thanks you,
    >
    > Troy

+ Reply to Thread