workbench 2.4 sytem viewer for vxworks-6.2 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on workbench 2.4 sytem viewer for vxworks-6.2 - VxWorks ; From workbench 2.4, when I did "start logging" from system viewer, I got the foll. error message: "Error calling function 'wvEvtLogStart'. There is no current System Viewer Log set on the target. Failed to start event logging". The troubleshooting section ...

  1. workbench 2.4 sytem viewer for vxworks-6.2

    From workbench 2.4, when I did "start logging" from system viewer, I
    got the foll. error message:

    "Error calling function 'wvEvtLogStart'. There is no current System
    Viewer Log set on the target. Failed to start event logging".

    The troubleshooting section in systemviewer document doesn't speak
    anything about this.

    From system viewer, when I start the log, I think in the target, a
    logging (?) task is created ?? If it is, then how do I see this task ?

    The target server is up and used wdbrpc as the backend.

    Any way to solve this issue ?

    Thanks,
    Suresh

  2. Re: workbench 2.4 sytem viewer for vxworks-6.2

    On Dec 18, 8:27 pm, dssuresh wrote:
    > From workbench 2.4, when I did "start logging" from system viewer, I
    > got the foll. error message:
    >
    > "Error calling function 'wvEvtLogStart'. There is no current System
    > Viewer Log set on the target. Failed to start event logging".
    >
    > The troubleshooting section in systemviewer document doesn't speak
    > anything about this.
    >
    > From system viewer, when I start the log, I think in the target, a
    > logging (?) task is created ?? If it is, then how do I see this task ?
    >
    > The target server is up and used wdbrpc as the backend.
    >
    > Any way to solve this issue ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Suresh

    The error message is because the ring buffer got full. It is not an
    error, rather a diagnostic message. Why can't it prints a proper
    diagnostic message like "ring buffer is full" which is easily
    understandable ? With the message it gave, I was fooled into thinking
    that the logging itself didn't start; But what actually happened, the
    logging started and all the buffers were filled, then further logging
    will not happen. Instead of clearly mentioning this, it gave a
    misleading message that the logging itself didn't start.

    Well, one more things, the document mentioned that the buffer bars may
    display three colours, orange (buffer is ready to be used),
    green(buffer has been used), red(used for circular buffers). I used
    linear buffers, but the used buffers displayed blue colour than green.
    What dos this signify ? This (blue) colour has not mentioned anywhere.
    I'm using workbench 2.4, system viewer 4.7 for vxworks-6.2 .

    Can anyone explain this (blue colour) ?

    Thanks,
    Suresh

+ Reply to Thread