trcStack skipping frames - VxWorks

This is a discussion on trcStack skipping frames - VxWorks ; Hi All, While writing a debug tool for post-crash analysis, a fellow colleague told me that the implementation of tt could possibly skip a previous frame depending upon the compiler optimisations turned on. Is that correct? If yes, then what ...

  1. trcStack skipping frames

    Hi All,

    While writing a debug tool for post-crash analysis, a fellow colleague
    told me that the implementation of tt could possibly skip a previous
    frame depending upon the compiler optimisations turned on. Is that
    correct?

    If yes, then what all information can I loose by skipping the frame?
    From my understanding of the ABI, looks like I will possibly miss out
    on the arguments passed to the function whose frame tt has skipped,
    but I should still be able to generate the back trace accurately, i.e.
    the function call sequence, since the return addresses are stored in
    the frame of the caller function.

    Any help will well...help!!
    Thanks
    Sameer

  2. Re: trcStack skipping frames

    Just a clarification. This was regarding VxWorks on PPC.

+ Reply to Thread