memShow per task - VxWorks

This is a discussion on memShow per task - VxWorks ; Hi, I amusing WindRiver workbench 6.3 on the standard Pentium base BSP. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to return the memory allocation on a perf task basis? i.e. memShow per task. I have been attempting to ...

  1. memShow per task

    Hi,
    I amusing WindRiver workbench 6.3 on the standard Pentium base BSP.

    Could anyone tell me if there is a way to return the memory allocation
    on a perf task basis? i.e. memShow per task.

    I have been attempting to use memScope to review a memory issue I have
    been having but am having very little luck with this tool. Does anyone
    recognise the message:

    "wtxObjModuleLoad (C:\WindRiver\scopetools-5.5\target\arch\pentium
    \Vx6.3gcc3.4.4/memscope.so) returned error:TGTMEM_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY"

    Thanks in advance for any assistance

    Tim

  2. Re: memShow per task

    To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to return the memory
    allocation on a per task basis. If I remember correctly, VxWorks does
    not tag allocated memory with an identifier that can be traced back to
    a particular task. I have barely used the RTP capabilities of VxWorks
    6.x, but I would not be surprised if there is a way to return the
    memory allocation on a per RTP basis.

    Unfortunately, I do not recognize the memScope error message.
    Hopefully someone else be able to offer you some better insight?

    Peter

    On Dec 13, 12:13 pm, Bendont wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I amusing WindRiver workbench 6.3 on the standard Pentium base BSP.
    >
    > Could anyone tell me if there is a way to return the memory allocation
    > on a perf task basis? i.e. memShow per task.
    >
    > I have been attempting to use memScope to review a memory issue I have
    > been having but am having very little luck with this tool. Does anyone
    > recognise the message:
    >
    > "wtxObjModuleLoad (C:\WindRiver\scopetools-5.5\target\arch\pentium
    > \Vx6.3gcc3.4.4/memscope.so) returned error:TGTMEM_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY"
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance
    >
    > Tim

  3. Re: memShow per task

    Thanks for your reply. It would seem that you are correct. As a little
    further info I now have memscope working. It will not run using it as
    a WorkBench perspective but does run without issue in stand alone mode.

+ Reply to Thread