Relocation overflow - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Relocation overflow - VxWorks ; Hi everyone, I'm trying to download and run an application (no problem in building) via the WDB target connection. I have this error in the target server log console: Wed Dec 12 15:51:13 2007 Target name is 172.26.5.15 tgtsvr (tgt_172.26.3.11@PC388_): ...

  1. Relocation overflow

    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to download and run an application (no problem in building)
    via the WDB target connection.
    I have this error in the target server log console:

    Wed Dec 12 15:51:13 2007
    Target name is 172.26.5.15
    tgtsvr (tgt_172.26.3.11@PC388_): Wed Dec 12 15:51:13 2007
    WTX Library version: 4.0.11.18
    Tgtsvr core version: 4.0.11.17
    Wind River Target Server: Win32 version
    Connecting to target agent... succeeded.
    Checking License ...OK
    VxWorks plugin version: 4.0.11.8
    Attaching elf OMF reader for PPC CPU family... succeeded.
    tgtsvr (tgt_172.26.3.11@PC388_): Wed Dec 12 15:51:57 2007
    Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
[...]
    Error: the relocation offset is too large and this caused a
    relocation overflow.
    Object module load failed for C:/WindRiver/workspace/
    whetstone/PPC603gnu_DEBUG/whetstone.out

    And I have an error message in the workbench:
    "Error downloading '/wheatstone/PPC603gnu_DEBUG/whetstone.out' on
    tgt_172.26.3.11.MPC603': WTX Loader Error: Relocation offset too
    large'

    What could the error be?
    Thank you

    Matteo

  2. Re: Relocation overflow

    ppc uses normaly 24 bits addressing for branc instructions. Try to recompile
    with the -mlongcall option.

    BT

    "MrPink" wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    > I'm trying to download and run an application (no problem in building)
    > via the WDB target connection.
    > I have this error in the target server log console:
    >
    > Wed Dec 12 15:51:13 2007
    > Target name is 172.26.5.15
    > tgtsvr (tgt_172.26.3.11@PC388_): Wed Dec 12 15:51:13 2007
    > WTX Library version: 4.0.11.18
    > Tgtsvr core version: 4.0.11.17
    > Wind River Target Server: Win32 version
    > Connecting to target agent... succeeded.
    > Checking License ...OK
    > VxWorks plugin version: 4.0.11.8
    > Attaching elf OMF reader for PPC CPU family... succeeded.
    > tgtsvr (tgt_172.26.3.11@PC388_): Wed Dec 12 15:51:57 2007
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
    > Error: the relocation offset is too large and this caused a
    > relocation overflow.
    > Object module load failed for C:/WindRiver/workspace/
    > whetstone/PPC603gnu_DEBUG/whetstone.out
    >

    > And I have an error message in the workbench:
    > "Error downloading '/wheatstone/PPC603gnu_DEBUG/whetstone.out' on
    > tgt_172.26.3.11.MPC603': WTX Loader Error: Relocation offset too
    > large'
    >
    > What could the error be?
    > Thank you
    >
    > Matteo

  3. Re: Relocation overflow

    On 12 Dic, 21:32, "HB" wrote:
    > ppc uses normaly 24 bits addressing for branc instructions. Try to recompile
    > with the -mlongcall option.
    >
    > BT

    Ok.. It works now...
    thank you