LCD driver - VxWorks

This is a discussion on LCD driver - VxWorks ; Hello group, Is there a 'standard' way (driver ?) to handle a LCD display with VxWorks ? Thanks, John...

  1. LCD driver

    Hello group,

    Is there a 'standard' way (driver ?) to handle a LCD display with VxWorks ?

    Thanks,

    John

  2. Re: LCD driver

    On Dec 11, 9:45 am, "John Aderseen" wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Is there a 'standard' way (driver ?) to handle a LCD display with VxWorks ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John

    I think WindML & UGL are the accepted way of doing this in VxWorks
    5.5/5.4. I'm assuming you're talking about full-color and graphics.

    - Matt

  3. Re: LCD driver

    Thanks Matt,

    Will look into WindML & UGL as you suggest. To be honnest I just wanted
    something to drive a simple LCD display with a couple of text lines...

    Regards,
    John

    "Matt Havener" a écrit dans le message de
    > On Dec 11, 9:45 am, "John Aderseen" wrote:
    > > Hello group,
    > >
    > > Is there a 'standard' way (driver ?) to handle a LCD display with

    VxWorks ?

    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > John

    > I think WindML & UGL are the accepted way of doing this in VxWorks
    > 5.5/5.4. I'm assuming you're talking about full-color and graphics.
    >
    > - Matt

  4. Re: LCD driver

    On Dec 11, 3:02 pm, "John Aderseen" wrote:
    > Thanks Matt,
    >
    > Will look into WindML & UGL as you suggest. To be honnest I just wanted
    > something to drive a simple LCD display with a couple of text lines...
    >
    > Regards,
    > John
    >
    > "Matt Havener" a écrit dans le message denews:e2ee37fa-db64-4d4e-bea6-03a0371dd1fa@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > On Dec 11, 9:45 am, "John Aderseen" wrote:
    > > > Hello group,

    > > > Is there a 'standard' way (driver ?) to handle a LCD display with

    > VxWorks ?
    >
    > > > Thanks,

    > > > John

    > > I think WindML & UGL are the accepted way of doing this in VxWorks
    > > 5.5/5.4. I'm assuming you're talking about full-color and graphics.

    > > - Matt

    WindML/UGL is probably too bloated for that..

+ Reply to Thread