compatibility between vxworks and windows for zlib - VxWorks

This is a discussion on compatibility between vxworks and windows for zlib - VxWorks ; If I use zlib library in vxworks environment for compressing a file to *.gz format, is it possible to uncompress that *.gz in windows environment?...

  1. compatibility between vxworks and windows for zlib

    If I use zlib library in vxworks environment for compressing a file to
    *.gz format, is it possible to uncompress that *.gz in windows
    environment?

  2. Re: compatibility between vxworks and windows for zlib

    On Dec 11, 6:38 am, J wrote:
    > If I use zlib library in vxworks environment for compressing a file to
    > *.gz format, is it possible to uncompress that *.gz in windows
    > environment?

    Yup. Zlib is zlib.

  3. Re: compatibility between vxworks and windows for zlib

    On Dec 11, 8:58 pm, Matt Havener wrote:
    > On Dec 11, 6:38 am, J wrote:
    >
    > > If I use zlib library in vxworks environment for compressing a file to
    > > *.gz format, is it possible to uncompress that *.gz in windows
    > > environment?

    > Yup. Zlib is zlib.

    Is there a specific method for compressing, such that it can be
    uncompressed in windows environment?

+ Reply to Thread