RTP project - VxWorks

This is a discussion on RTP project - VxWorks ; hi, How to connect a target server to the target for an RTP project. please send me the details of creation of RTP project. here what is the target. is it IPaddress of system or simulator name (likevxsim8). Thanks Kalyani...

  1. RTP project

    hi,

    How to connect a target server to the target for an RTP project.
    please send me the details of creation of RTP project.

    here what is the target.
    is it IPaddress of system or simulator name (likevxsim8).

    Thanks
    Kalyani

  2. Re: RTP project

    hi ..,

    Iam creating RTP project on vxWorks workbench-2.6.
    but it doesn't spawn a process. rtpSpawn returns -1.

    I follow the procedure as below:

    1. vxworks image project was created. I included the cpp components &
    RTP process components which r in the OS components.
    2. vxworks ROMFS project was created In the filesystem romfs I
    created a new folder bin.
    3. vxworks RTP project was created. In this project, i import the my
    rtpSpwan file.
    4. RTP project was included to ROMFS project and ROMFS project was
    included to
    IMAGE project.
    5. Build the project.
    6. I connected to simulator. Here i changed the custom simulation path
    to vxworks path.
    D:\kalworkspace\rtpImage\default\vxWorks.
    7. In the simulator window I gave
    ->cd "/romfs/bin".
    8. ->rtpSp "rtpSp11.vxe"
    value = 272447072 = 0x103d3660 = '`'
    -> AA - Hai
    RTP task not Spawned
    All the best for next trail

    If anybody know the problem here plz help me.

    My code is...

    #include
    #include //kal

    int main (void)
    {
    const char *argv[]= {"D:/kalworkspace/rtpSp11/SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP/
    rtpSp11/Debug/rtpSp11.vxe", NULL};
    const char *envp[]=
    {"HEAP_INITIAL_SIZE=0x20000","HEAP_MAX_SIZE=0x100000",NULL};
    int rTP;

    printf("AA - Hai\n");
    rTP = (int) rtpSpawn (argv[0], argv, envp, 100, 0x10000, 0, 0);
    //rTP = (int) rtpSpawn ("welcome.out", argv, envp, 100, 0x10000, 0,
    0);
    if (rTP == -1)
    {
    printf ("RTP task not Spawned \nAll the best for next trail\n");
    }
    return 0;
    }

    Regards
    chinni.

  3. Re: RTP project

    Hi Chinni,

    You do not say what the errno is after rtpSpawn() returned on error
    but I think it is very likely that the problem is with the path to
    your executable. I bet that the path "D:/kalworkspace/rtpSp11/
    SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP/rtpSp11/Debug/rtpSp11.vxe" does not mean anything
    for your VxWorks target. To verify this, simply try to open this file
    from the target shell (in C interpreter mode): open "D:/kalworkspace/
    rtpSp11/SIMPENTIUMdiab_RTP/rtpSp11/Debug/rtpSp11.vxe", 0

    I think this will fail. What you must use is a path that is meaningful
    for VxWorks, such as /romfs/bin/rtpSp11.vxe (BTW, you realize that,
    when this works, you are going to recursively launch rtpSp11.vxe,
    right?).

    Hope this helps,

    --
    PAD

  4. Re: RTP project

    hi..,

    error no is -1.

    Regards,
    kal.

  5. Re: RTP project

    On Dec 11, 8:13 pm, chinnapandu2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi..,
    >
    > error no is -1.

    Actually this is the returned status and it simply indicates that an
    error happened (-1 means ERROR, 0 means OK). The error number is
    obtained with the errnoGet() API. To display the errno is a clearer
    format use the printErrno() API: printErrno (errnoGet());

    Cheers,

    --
    PAD

  6. Re: RTP project

    hi ..,

    Eventhough I included vxWorks.h, I got some errors in some system
    header files.
    To get error I included the header files as follows.

    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include

    int main (void)
    {
    const char *argv[] ={"D:/kalworkspace/romfsproject/Contents/bin/
    rtpSp11.vxe ", NULL};
    const char *envp[] =
    {"HEAP_INITIAL_SIZE=0x20000","HEAP_MAX_SIZE=0x100000",NULL};
    int rTP;

    printf("AA - Hai\n");
    rTP = (int) rtpSpawn(argv[0], argv, envp, 100, 0x10000, 0, 0);
    printErrno(errnoGet());
    if (rTP == -1)
    {
    printf ("RTP task not Spawned \nAll the best for next trail\n");
    }
    return 0;
    }

  7. Re: RTP project

    On Dec 16, 10:27 pm, chinnapandu2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi ..,
    >
    > Eventhough I included vxWorks.h, I got some errors in some system
    > header files.
    > To get error I included the header files as follows.

    [...]

    My mistake. The printErrno() API is not available for RTPs. All you
    can do is get the error number and simply print it out. Then use
    printErrno() from the target shell and pass it the error number to get
    the error string. Note that you want to know the error number only if
    rtpSpawn() returned ERROR. Regarding the header files, usrLib.h does
    not exist for RTPs and you probably want to use rtpLib.h instead of
    rtpLibCommon.h (rtpLib.h includes rtpLibCommon.h).

    Hope this helps,

    --
    PAD

+ Reply to Thread