VxWorks systemcalls - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks systemcalls - VxWorks ; hi, Iam porting Linux code into VxWorks. So I want some equivalent VxWorks system calls for the following Linux system calls: umask() : to change file permissions fchown() : to change ownership getgrnam() : to get group file entry getuid() ...

  1. VxWorks systemcalls

    hi, Iam porting Linux code into VxWorks.
    So I want some equivalent VxWorks system calls for the
    following Linux system calls:

    umask() : to change file permissions

    fchown() : to change ownership

    getgrnam() : to get group file entry

    getuid() : real user Id.

    geteuid() : effective user Id.

    getgid() : real group Id.

    getegid() : effective group Id.

    and I also require some header file names that r having
    the following structures.

    struct glob_t
    struct pkt_info

    ThankYou,
    Kalyani.

  2. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    On 7 Dic, 06:07, chinnapandu2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi, Iam porting Linux code into VxWorks.
    > So I want some equivalent VxWorks system calls for the
    > following Linux system calls:
    >
    > umask() : to change file permissions
    >
    > fchown() : to change ownership
    >
    > getgrnam() : to get group file entry
    >
    > getuid() : real user Id.
    >
    > geteuid() : effective user Id.
    >
    > getgid() : real group Id.
    >
    > getegid() : effective group Id.
    >
    > and I also require some header file names that r having
    > the following structures.
    >
    > struct glob_t
    > struct pkt_info
    >
    > ThankYou,
    > Kalyani.

    Vxworks is not Unix... it just doesn't have this calls because it
    isn't a multi-user OS.

    Please specify the version of VxWorks you are using, this can help
    other people answer your question more in detail. From version 6 on,
    it implements various Posix specifications that makes porting
    application easier than, say, 5.x versions.

  3. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    hi,

    Iam working on VxWorks 6.5 version.
    If anybody knows how to create RTP project please
    send the steps and send me the details of how to
    connect target server connection which is in the rtpproject
    to the target which is in the image project.

    Regards
    kal.

  4. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    Hello Kalyani,

    The API you listed have no equivalent in VxWorks. May be you can
    change the Linux application so that it does not use them? Pathname
    pattern-matching (for glob.h) is not supported either. 'pkt_info'
    seems to be specific to Linux and I don't know what could correspond
    in VxWorks.

    Regarding the RTP project, have you tried the VxWorks Real Time
    project entry in the Workbench's File->New menu selection? Regarding
    the target server the idea is that you create a new target server
    connection and you give the IP address of the VxWorks board you want
    the target server to be connected to. This board has to be up and
    running already. I suggest that you read the Workbench User's Guide
    where all this is described.

    Cheers,

    --
    PAD

  5. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    hi ..,

    would u send the steps to create RTP project on vxworks-6.5
    workbench..

    Regards,
    Kalyani.

  6. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    hi ..,

    would u send the steps to create RTP project on vxworks-6.5
    workbench..

    Regards,
    Kalyani.

  7. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    hi..,

    Is it necessary to create ROMFS project for RTP project?

    Regards,
    chinni.

  8. Re: VxWorks systemcalls

    On Dec 10, 9:34 pm, chinnapandu2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi..,
    >
    > Is it necessary to create ROMFS project for RTP project?
    >
    > Regards,
    > chinni.

    No it is not as long as you can load the RTP executables from
    somewhere (i.e. a disk or a host). If your system has no disk and is
    not meant to stay connected to a host then storing the executables on
    ROMFS is the easiest solution.

    Cheers,

    --
    PAD