enabling target server via serial connection - VxWorks

This is a discussion on enabling target server via serial connection - VxWorks ; Hi, Suppose i have a bootable vxworks image in my PC and the same running on target, how can i connect to the target server using tornado. what are the neccessary things to enable the target server, RUV...

  1. enabling target server via serial connection

    Hi,
    Suppose i have a bootable vxworks image in my PC and the same
    running on target, how can i connect to the target server using
    tornado.
    what are the neccessary things to enable the target server,

    RUV

  2. Re: enabling target server via serial connection

    On Dec 5, 9:05 am, Rakesh UV wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Suppose i have a bootable vxworks image in my PC and the same
    > running on target, how can i connect to the target server using
    > tornado.
    > what are the neccessary things to enable the target server,
    >
    > RUV

    Hello,
    For connecting the target to the target server ensure that your kernel
    is build with the WBD agent component. By default the communication
    medium that WDB uses is network but if you want to communicate through
    serial cable then you need to define that in config.h.
    #undef WDB_COMM_TYPE
    #define WDB_COMM_TYPE WDB_COMM_SERIAL

    Thanks
    Niraj