ipAttach error: can not attach to device - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ipAttach error: can not attach to device - VxWorks ; Hi, I new to vxWorks, and I am writing network driver for at91rm9200. when vxWorks booting, an error occurred in ipAttach. it prints: can not attach to device at91emac1 can anybody gives me some hints....

  1. ipAttach error: can not attach to device

    Hi,

    I new to vxWorks, and I am writing network driver for at91rm9200.
    when vxWorks booting, an error occurred in ipAttach.
    it prints: can not attach to device at91emac1

    can anybody gives me some hints.

  2. Re: ipAttach error: can not attach to device

    On 12月3日, 下午4时15分, yanmiaob...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I new to vxWorks, and I am writing network driver for at91rm9200.
    > when vxWorks booting, an error occurred in ipAttach.
    > it prints: can not attach to device at91emac1
    >
    > can anybody gives me some hints.

    and I am using vxWorks 6.4, END driver.

  3. Re: ipAttach error: can not attach to device

    hi

    the problem is still there!

    my configNet.h is:

    #ifndef INCconfigNeth
    #define INCconfigNeth

    #ifdef __cplusplus
    extern "C" {
    #endif

    #include "vxWorks.h"
    #include "end.h"

    #ifdef INCLUDE_END

    END_TBL_ENTRY endDevTbl [] =
    {
    { 0, END_TBL_END, NULL, 0, NULL, FALSE },
    { 0, END_TBL_END, NULL, 0, NULL, FALSE }
    };

    #endif

    #ifdef __cplusplus
    }
    #endif

    #endif

    and I init endDevTbl in sysHwInit2(), and changed unit number from 1
    to 0

    #define LOAD_FUNC_0 AT91EmacLoad
    #define LOAD_STRING_0 "0:1234567899aa" /* :*/
    #define BSP_0 NULL

    void AT91LanInit(void)
    {
    endDevTbl[0].unit = 0;
    endDevTbl[0].endLoadFunc = LOAD_FUNC_0;
    endDevTbl[0].endLoadString = LOAD_STRING_0;
    endDevTbl[0].endLoan = 1;
    endDevTbl[0].pBSP = BSP_0;
    }

    when booting, vxWorks prints:

    failed to attach to device at91emac0

    -> muxShow
    Device: at91emac Unit: 0 END_OBJ: 0x2026e9d4
    value = 0 = 0x0
    -> ifShow
    lo (unit number 0):
    Flags: (0x48049) UP LOOPBACK MULTICAST TRAILERS ARP RUNNING
    INET_UP
    Type: SOFTWARE_LOOPBACK
    inet: 127.0.0.1
    Netmask 0xff000000 Subnetmask 0xff000000
    Metric is 0
    Maximum Transfer Unit size is 1536
    0 packets received; 0 packets sent
    0 multicast packets received