Fatal pre-built VxSim crash on win32. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Fatal pre-built VxSim crash on win32. - VxWorks ; Hi all, I'm new on the group and though I work with VxWorks daily I couldn't call myself a VxWorks developer. I have Tornado-2.2 with VxWorks-5.5 . When I run the default pre-built VxSim (Standard simulator): Tornado2.2\target\config\simpc\vxWorks.exe I encounter a ...

  1. Fatal pre-built VxSim crash on win32.

    Hi all,

    I'm new on the group and though I work with VxWorks daily I couldn't
    call myself a VxWorks developer.

    I have Tornado-2.2 with VxWorks-5.5 .

    When I run the default pre-built VxSim (Standard simulator):
    Tornado2.2\target\config\simpc\vxWorks.exe

    I encounter a fatal crash just at the start:

    Exception !
    Vector 13 : General Protection Fault
    Program Counter : 0x004263f8
    Status Register : 0x00010297

    .... and repeats this msg in inifnite loop...

    It happens on one of our machines, however I did run it on another
    with no problems!

    Did it happen to anyone before?

    Thanks for all help in advance,
    Tomek (Koczis)

  2. Re: Fatal pre-built VxSim crash on win32.

    On Nov 30, 4:45 pm, Koczis wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm new on the group and though I work with VxWorks daily I couldn't
    > call myself a VxWorks developer.
    >
    > I have Tornado-2.2 with VxWorks-5.5 .
    >
    > When I run the default pre-built VxSim (Standard simulator):
    > Tornado2.2\target\config\simpc\vxWorks.exe
    >
    > I encounter a fatal crash just at the start:
    >
    > Exception !
    > Vector 13 : General Protection Fault
    > Program Counter : 0x004263f8
    > Status Register : 0x00010297
    >
    > ... and repeats this msg in inifnite loop...
    >
    > It happens on one of our machines, however I did run it on another
    > with no problems!
    >
    > Did it happen to anyone before?
    >
    > Thanks for all help in advance,
    > Tomek (Koczis)

    Hi,

    Is there any virus scan and firewall running on that system?

    If yes, try stopping them and see if that resolves the problem and if
    not, please inform.

    Best Regards
    VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

  3. Re: Fatal pre-built VxSim crash on win32.

    On Dec 2, 5:29 pm, VKG Ritsoft Technologies
    wrote:
    > On Nov 30, 4:45 pm, Koczis wrote:
    >

    > > Hi all,

    > > I'm new on the group and though I work with VxWorks daily I couldn't
    > > call myself a VxWorks developer.

    > > I have Tornado-2.2 with VxWorks-5.5 .

    > > When I run the default pre-built VxSim (Standard simulator):
    > > Tornado2.2\target\config\simpc\vxWorks.exe

    > > I encounter a fatal crash just at the start:

    > > Exception !
    > > Vector 13 : General Protection Fault
    > > Program Counter : 0x004263f8
    > > Status Register : 0x00010297

    > > ... and repeats this msg in inifnite loop...

    > > It happens on one of our machines, however I did run it on another
    > > with no problems!

    > > Did it happen to anyone before?

    > > Thanks for all help in advance,
    > > Tomek (Koczis)

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any virus scan and firewall running on that system?
    >
    > If yes, try stopping them and see if that resolves the problem and if
    > not, please inform.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > VKG | Ritsoft Technologies

    No, there's no AV soft. nor firewall (except the standard windows one)
    on this machine.

+ Reply to Thread