execl system calls - VxWorks

This is a discussion on execl system calls - VxWorks ; Hi All! Is there any system call in VxWorks, corresponding to execl family of system calls in linux. or i mean any system call which can execute the executables file. Regards, Arjun...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: execl system calls

  1. execl system calls

    Hi All!

    Is there any system call in VxWorks, corresponding to execl family of
    system calls in linux.
    or i mean any system call which can execute the executables file.

    Regards,
    Arjun

  2. Re: execl system calls

    On Nov 29, 4:11 am, Arjun Prasad wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > Is there any system call in VxWorks, corresponding to execl family of
    > system calls in linux.
    > or i mean any system call which can execute the executables file.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Arjun


    The closest that I can think of would be rtpSp(). This is only
    available on VxWorks 6.x.

  3. Re: execl system calls

    On Nov 29, 7:25 am, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    > The closest that I can think of would be rtpSp(). This is only
    > available on VxWorks 6.x.


    More precisely the API is rtpSpawn(). 'rtpSp' is a VxWorks shell
    command that is not meant to be used programmatically.

    --
    PAD


  4. Re: execl system calls

    On Nov 29, 10:12 pm, PAD wrote:
    > On Nov 29, 7:25 am, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > The closest that I can think of would be rtpSp(). This is only
    > > available on VxWorks 6.x.

    >
    > More precisely the API is rtpSpawn(). 'rtpSp' is a VxWorks shell
    > command that is not meant to be used programmatically.
    >
    > --
    > PAD


    thanks

    now is there any system call in VxWorks present corresponding to
    system system call of linux to run the commands inside the c/c++
    programs


  5. Re: execl system calls

    On Nov 29, 8:25 pm, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Nov 29, 4:11 am, Arjun Prasad wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All!

    >
    > > Is there any system call in VxWorks, corresponding to execl family of
    > > system calls in linux.
    > > or i mean any system call which can execute the executables file.

    >
    > > Regards,
    > > Arjun

    >
    > The closest that I can think of would be rtpSp(). This is only
    > available on VxWorks 6.x.


    thanks peter

    can u plz send me some example to understand rtpSp() or any materials

    regards
    Arjun

  6. Re: execl system calls

    On Nov 29, 8:29 pm, Arjun Prasad wrote:
    > now is there any system call in VxWorks present corresponding to
    > system system call of linux to run the commands inside the c/c++
    > programs


    No, the system() API is not supported on VxWorks. Usually the system()
    API invokes a shell (i.e. an external application) to perform the
    command (which usually is an external application itself). In VxWorks
    the shell is not an external application that can be invoked by a
    process. There is also no way for a process to ask the shell to
    execute a command.

    However it is possible for a RTP to launch another process so, In your
    situation, if the command that the system() API is supposed to launch
    can be made an external application (i.e. a RTP executable, or .vxe
    file) I think that you probably can simply use the rtpSpawn() API to
    run it.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    PAD


  7. Re: execl system calls

    On Nov 29, 2:11 pm, Arjun Prasad wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > Is there any system call in VxWorks, corresponding to execl family of
    > system calls in linux.
    > or i mean any system call which can execute the executables file.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Arjun


    i couldn't get ur problem

    Regards,
    cnu

+ Reply to Thread