Shared memory networking - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Shared memory networking - VxWorks ; Hello all, I am trying to use Shared memory networking in Vxworks 6.3. I have a necessity to have the shared memory network buffer pool (SM_MEM_ADRS) address less than LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS. i.e. My SM_MEM_ADRS is 0x200000 and LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS is 0x300000. Can ...

  1. Shared memory networking

    Hello all,
    I am trying to use Shared memory networking in Vxworks 6.3.
    I have a necessity to have the shared memory network buffer pool
    (SM_MEM_ADRS) address less than LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS.
    i.e. My SM_MEM_ADRS is 0x200000 and LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS is 0x300000.
    Can someone tell me if this is invalid?

    Shoould SM_MEM_ADRS be greater than LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS?

    Thanks for your help.
    -shru

  2. Re: Shared memory networking

    On Nov 29, 12:59 am, "psgrshru...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > I am trying to use Shared memory networking in Vxworks 6.3.
    > I have a necessity to have the shared memory network buffer pool
    > (SM_MEM_ADRS) address less than LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS.
    > i.e. My SM_MEM_ADRS is 0x200000 and LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS is 0x300000.
    > Can someone tell me if this is invalid?
    >
    > Shoould SM_MEM_ADRS be greater than LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > -shru

    In our case it was SM_MEM_ADRS 0x4100 and LOCAL_MEM_LOCAL_ADRS is 0x0.
    Typically that was of default values from the configAll.h. We have
    done this thing in 5.5/5.4 under PowerPC platforms. And yet move
    shared memory into vxW6.3. As per the document in 6.3 they create some
    thing called smEnd device rather than sm devices. Quite difference in
    implementation. Will let you know once we get into.

    if you solved this. Let me also know so that i can be quite faster in
    implementation.

    Good Luck

    --Sadashiv

+ Reply to Thread