compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90 - VMS

This is a discussion on compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90 - VMS ; Hi, just want to share in this forum, i've tested this HP disk and its works fine under openvms 7.2 Model : 2490-60062 Primary Rev Code : 3430 C8QQ5 W3009D2.29 if anyone have their vaxstation original disk RZxxx failed, you ...

  1. compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90

    Hi,

    just want to share in this forum, i've tested this HP disk and its
    works fine under openvms 7.2

    Model : 2490-60062
    Primary Rev Code : 3430
    C8QQ5 W3009D2.29

    if anyone have their vaxstation original disk RZxxx failed, you could
    use this and it works. I performed backup/image from other disk to
    this disk and it works. Managed to boot my vaxstation 4000 from this
    disk

    Rgds

  2. Re: compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90

    Hi,

    A google search didn't reveal much - can you tell us what size the
    drive is, interface type, whether you used an adapter (what brand if
    so), and what version of OpenVMS you are running.

    I have had varying success with drives on my model 4000/90. My DEC
    3000/600 supports a lot more models.

    Regards,

    Mark.

  3. Re: compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90

    OK,

    Sorry, I found it when I searched for HP C2490-60062.

    HP C2490-60062 2.1GB SCSI-2 Fast 3.5" 50-Pin Narrow Hard Drive
    (C249060062)

    This drive must have been manufactured by HP before their acquisition
    of DEC.
    I've had good success with various Seagate 50 pin drives upto about 9
    GB capacity on my 4000/90. I believe Seagate made most of the DEC
    branded drives. Look out for any whose mode number ends in 'N' (ST*N)
    - these are 50 pin narrow SCSI models.

    Thanks for the info,

    Mark.

  4. Re: compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 03:31:45 -0700, urbancamo
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > A google search didn't reveal much - can you tell us what size the
    > drive is, interface type, whether you used an adapter (what brand if
    > so), and what version of OpenVMS you are running.
    >
    > I have had varying success with drives on my model 4000/90. My DEC
    > 3000/600 supports a lot more models.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.

    What is the problem? I think I could put almost any SCSI drive in mine.

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  5. Re: compatible disk for vaxstation 4000 model 90

    urbancamo wrote:
    > OK,
    >
    > Sorry, I found it when I searched for HP C2490-60062.
    >
    > HP C2490-60062 2.1GB SCSI-2 Fast 3.5" 50-Pin Narrow Hard Drive
    > (C249060062)
    >
    > This drive must have been manufactured by HP before their acquisition
    > of DEC.
    > I've had good success with various Seagate 50 pin drives upto about 9
    > GB capacity on my 4000/90. I believe Seagate made most of the DEC
    > branded drives. Look out for any whose mode number ends in 'N' (ST*N)
    > - these are 50 pin narrow SCSI models.
    >
    > Thanks for the info,
    >
    > Mark.

    Those 2GB SCSI-2 disks were modern back in '94 and that was some years
    before HP did take over DEC/Compaq (2002).

    DEC had an own disk drive manufacturing, which it sold out to Quantum
    (and the Tape drive manufacturing also). After that time DEC used disks
    from many vendors. E.g. Quantum, Seagate, Maxtor, Conner etc.

    Regards,

    Kari

+ Reply to Thread