Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York) - VMS

This is a discussion on Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York) - VMS ; One of my clients (the one with the four VAX 7640s) is looking for additional consultants for some medium-term assignments (6 - 12 months). It is unlikely there will be any renewals after this period. I have asked them to ...

  1. Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York)

    One of my clients (the one with the four VAX 7640s) is looking for
    additional consultants for some medium-term assignments (6 - 12
    months). It is unlikely there will be any renewals after this
    period. I have asked them to post on OpenVMS.org and I'm taking the
    liberty of posting here as well.

    Anyone interested must have a strong background in Basic using RMS
    files, FMS screens, and DCL procedures. The more current the
    experience the better. The projects being staffed primarily involve
    modifications to existing applications which run on VAX and Alpha
    systems.

    They will entertain remote engagements, but would really prefer people
    on the east coast. You may be asked to visit the headquarters
    facility during the initial week (or two) to become familiar with the
    staff and applications.

    You will contract with my client directly -- I am not an agency and
    despite how lucrative it might be I really don't need the paperwork.
    I will be interviewing the candidates, and as both a consulting
    systems administrator and developer you'll be working with me as well.

    Please send resume, availability, and rate requirements to me
    directly. If you have any questions you can ask me by private e-
    mail. I will not discuss this opportunity any further here on c.o.v.

    The e-mail in my profile is correct.

  2. Re: Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York)

    In article <19cc4333-95b8-424c-a443-cec78ed26db3@d42g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, FrankS writes:
    >{...snip...}
    >
    >The e-mail in my profile is correct.

    What does this mean?

    notice, disclaimer and quotations.

  3. Re: Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York)

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:42:08 UTC, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    > In article <19cc4333-95b8-424c-a443-cec78ed26db3@d42g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, FrankS writes:
    > >{...snip...}
    > >
    > >The e-mail in my profile is correct.

    > What does this mean?

    It means he's posting from Google, and hasn't munged his email address.
    Probably doesn't know what newsgroups are.

    But at least he has an RFC1855 compliant signature! :-)

    --
    Bob Eager
    Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

  4. Re: Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York)

    Hi Frank,

    > They will entertain remote engagements, but would really prefer people
    > on the east coast. You may be asked to visit the headquarters
    > facility during the initial week (or two) to become familiar with the
    > staff and applications.

    Is Perth Western Australia too "remote"?

    > I will not discuss this opportunity any further here on c.o.v.

    Doh!

    Cheers Richard Maher

    "FrankS" wrote in message
    > One of my clients (the one with the four VAX 7640s) is looking for
    > additional consultants for some medium-term assignments (6 - 12
    > months). It is unlikely there will be any renewals after this
    > period. I have asked them to post on OpenVMS.org and I'm taking the
    > liberty of posting here as well.
    >
    > Anyone interested must have a strong background in Basic using RMS
    > files, FMS screens, and DCL procedures. The more current the
    > experience the better. The projects being staffed primarily involve
    > modifications to existing applications which run on VAX and Alpha
    > systems.
    >
    > They will entertain remote engagements, but would really prefer people
    > on the east coast. You may be asked to visit the headquarters
    > facility during the initial week (or two) to become familiar with the
    > staff and applications.
    >
    > You will contract with my client directly -- I am not an agency and
    > despite how lucrative it might be I really don't need the paperwork.
    > I will be interviewing the candidates, and as both a consulting
    > systems administrator and developer you'll be working with me as well.
    >
    > Please send resume, availability, and rate requirements to me
    > directly. If you have any questions you can ask me by private e-
    > mail. I will not discuss this opportunity any further here on c.o.v.
    >
    > The e-mail in my profile is correct.

  5. Re: Basic/FMS consulting opportunity (New York)

    On Nov 7, 12:45*pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
    > It means he's posting from Google, and hasn't munged his email address.
    > Probably doesn't know what newsgroups are.

    I know them quite well. Never have had a problem with spam, but it
    could just be a nice filtering job by GoDaddy.

+ Reply to Thread