Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008 - VMS

This is a discussion on Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008 - VMS ; Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008 For those that can read between the lines. Pushing My Karma or Mere Coincidence? My coworkers are upset with me again. (My test environment is also our production environment. Yes, I actually live what I ...

  1. Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008

    Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008

    For those that can read between the lines.

    Pushing My Karma or Mere Coincidence?

    My coworkers are upset with me again.
    (My test environment is also our production environment. Yes, I actually live
    what I say and my mistakes are always noticed :-)

    Now I have to figure out what I was doing just so that I can stop doing it.

    Oh, and don't worry about the "-f-" above.
    Only an IT Idiot would willingly(?) manage a system in an untrusted network.

    If Karma is as good as they say she is,
    the Vendor left that codepath for me to test anyway.

    I hope it doesn't sound pathetic,
    but I am actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

    Has anyone mentioned just how boring stable office systems are to manage?
    (Do you REALLY wanna check the logs? :-)

    Defective Duane
    (on the hunt for a Mr. E (again :-))

  2. Re: Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:03:56 GMT, D Gillbilly
    lashed out again:

    Re: Karma?> $ search pwrk$lmlogs:*lm*.log;* "-f-"/since=26-oct-2008

    Hi,

    The verdict?

    I think Karma is on the side of OpenVMS for a change. :-)

    My server was a couple of patches short.
    Now I have some newly dated images to try out. :-) :-)
    But now I am a couple of images short of being current on I64 Samba :-(
    (Man things sure are happening fast with that stuff. Lots of testers?)

    I was going to post this up under the headline of:

    ?Humor? Samba Exploit!!! $500 to assassinate any server on the planet!

    but I was worried someone would take me seriously. :-)

    A tip of the hat to the people in the trenches.
    I am not make a difficult job any easier.

    ---

    And to the guy who took my support call...

    "Dude, you didn't need to apologize to me because of the -f- word"
    I (and my coworkers) work in a test environment. :-)
    (Did you see the version number on the log file? :-)

    It is I who should be apologizing for my dramatics.

    I know posting that up was (is) wrong.

    Engineering has made my life easy.
    It has been management decisions that have added stress to my life.
    But I still owe Engineering a big apology for using a technical issue for my
    political purposes.

    I would GLADLY stop polluting the group if the Vendor found a way for others
    that wanted to sell OpenVMS to be able to successfully sell OpenVMS.

    ---

    I'm just gonna dump this bit of baggage here.
    It's been bugging me.

    This in from a loyalist

    "...no company or companies have been found that have an application or
    applications that can replace your current functionality..."

    That sounds like it could be a testimonial FOR OpenVMS.

    Well that was enough mourning.

    Duane

+ Reply to Thread