trouble installing - VMS

This is a discussion on trouble installing - VMS ; I can not get my computer to boot from the cd drive and the bios is locked so i can't get in to change the settings. Is there any way i can get around this?...

  1. trouble installing

    I can not get my computer to boot from the cd drive and the bios is
    locked so i can't get in to change the settings. Is there any way i
    can get around this?

  2. Re: trouble installing

    skf wrote:
    > I can not get my computer to boot from the cd drive and the bios is
    > locked so i can't get in to change the settings. Is there any way i
    > can get around this?

    Why are you posting this to comp.os.vms?

  3. Re: trouble installing

    On Oct 31, 10:34*am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > Why are you posting this to comp.os.vms?

    Where should I post it?

    Thanks

  4. Re: trouble installing

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:21:59 -0700, skf wrote:

    > I can not get my computer to boot from the cd drive and the bios is
    > locked so i can't get in to change the settings. Is there any way i
    > can get around this?

    What kind of computer and what are you trying to boot? If not OpenVMS
    then don't bother replying.

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  5. Re: trouble installing

    Wow... You guys are great. Thanks for all your help. Keep up the
    good work.

  6. Re: trouble installing

    skf wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 10:34 am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > wrote:
    >> Why are you posting this to comp.os.vms?

    > Where should I post it?
    >
    > Thanks

    This newsgroup is devoted to the OpenVMS operating system which was
    developed by Digital Equipment Corporation to run on its VAX computers
    and was later ported to the Alpha platform and then to Itanium.

    You mentioned a BIOS which is normally found only on PCs. PCs don't
    normally run VMS unless they are emulating a VAX, Alpha, or Itanium
    system in order to be able to run VMS.

    Try a PC or Windows newsgroup.

  7. Re: trouble installing

    In article <457178b1-8947-46df-84f2-634a1787b7dc@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, skf writes:
    >On Oct 31, 10:34=A0am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    >wrote:
    >> Why are you posting this to comp.os.vms?

    >Where should I post it?
    >
    >Thanks

    Try a PeeCee/Weendoze specific newsgroup or Toys-R-Us.

    notice, disclaimer and quotations.

  8. Re: trouble installing

    In article <61645d0a-02b0-4880-8d74-867705ce93b1@r36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, skf writes:

    > I can not get my computer to boot from the cd drive and the bios is
    > locked so i can't get in to change the settings. Is there any way i
    > can get around this?

    That will depnend on the make and model of the computer.

  9. Re: trouble installing

    On 31 okt, 15:21, skf wrote:
    > I can not get my computer to boot from the cd drive and the bios is
    > locked so i can't get in to change the settings. Is there any way i
    > can get around this?

    As others have told you, this is not an Intel group.
    Look at the motherboard for a manufacturer and a model identification.
    Visit their website and download the manual (if you haven't one
    already).
    Look for the reset jumper which restores the BIOS to factory default
    settings.
    Good luck.

    PS
    BTW comp.sys.dec cares for hw problems