Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken - VMS

This is a discussion on Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken - VMS ; http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html Above is the web site for downloading Java for OpenVMS. When submitting it's filled out registration form, connection to ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM times out, which also does not respond to PING. The support page for the above page points to the ...

  1. Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html

    Above is the web site for downloading Java for OpenVMS.
    When submitting it's filled out registration form, connection to
    ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM times out, which also does not respond to
    PING.

    The support page for the above page points to the same
    ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM so a direct complaint is not possible.
    I've submitted this problem through ITRC...

    Or is this just me?

    Sean

  2. Re: Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    sean@obanion.us vaguely mentioned on 28-10-2008 2:00:
    > http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html

    [snip]

    > Or is this just me?

    Nope, the website times out for me as well, as does the ping.

    /Wilm

  3. Re: Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    The backend server for that form got shutdown a few weeks ago and all the
    pages were supposed to be migrated
    to a new form processor. I've informed the site owners that they need to
    complete their migration to get those forms working

    -warren

    "Wilm Boerhout" wrote in message
    > sean@obanion.us vaguely mentioned on 28-10-2008 2:00:
    >> http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html

    > [snip]
    >
    >> Or is this just me?

    > Nope, the website times out for me as well, as does the ping.
    >
    > /Wilm

  4. Re: Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    On 28 Oct, 05:50, Wilm Boerhout wrote:
    > s...@obanion.us vaguely mentioned on 28-10-2008 2:00:
    >
    > >http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html

    > [snip]
    >
    > > Or is this just me?

    > Nope, the website times out for me as well, as does the ping.
    >
    > /Wilm

    I wouldn't expect the server to respond to a ping request anyway - I'd
    expect the HP firewalls to block ping and similar.

  5. Re: Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    Update: from my ITRC post I got an email stating that this is a known
    problem and it's being worked on.

    I was given a URL to a different server to do the download from, but
    was asked not to share it.

    I'll update this thread a little later as to how this goes...

    Sean

    On Oct 27, 6:00*pm, s...@obanion.us wrote:
    > http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html
    >
    > Above is the web site for downloading Java for OpenVMS.
    > When submitting it's filled out registration form, connection to
    > ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM times out, which also does not respond to
    > PING.
    >
    > The support page for the above page points to the same
    > ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM so a direct complaint is not possible.
    > I've submitted this problem through ITRC...
    >
    > Or is this just me?
    >
    > Sean

  6. Re: Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    On 28 okt, 18:41, s...@obanion.us wrote:
    > Update: from my ITRC post I got an email stating that this is a known
    > problem and it's being worked on.
    >
    > I was given a URL to a different server to do the download from, but
    > was asked not to share it.
    >
    > I'll update this thread a little later as to how this goes...
    >
    > Sean
    >
    > On Oct 27, 6:00*pm, s...@obanion.us wrote:
    >

    > >http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html

    > > Above is the web site for downloading Java for OpenVMS.
    > > When submitting it's filled out registration form, connection to
    > > ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM times out, which also does not respond to
    > > PING.

    > > The support page for the above page points to the same
    > > ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM so a direct complaint is not possible.
    > > I've submitted this problem through ITRC...

    > > Or is this just me?

    > > Sean- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    I've submitted this problem through several channels for several days,
    the result is a deafening silence...:-( If you have access to condist,
    there is a java-version on it.
    Warren, Sue and the ZKO-crew do the very best they can, but I think
    there are forces that even they can't control...

  7. Re: Java for OpenVMS registration for download broken

    Yesterday afternoon, I successfully downloaded and installed "JAVA150
    V1.5-4"
    Now onto CIFS and Netbeans.

    Google Groups was running a little slow yesterday, so I waited until
    today to try posting again...

    Sean

    On Oct 28, 10:41*am, s...@obanion.us wrote:
    > Update: from my ITRC post I got an email stating that this is a known
    > problem and it's being worked on.
    >
    > I was given a URL to a different server to do the download from, but
    > was asked not to share it.
    >
    > I'll update this thread a little later as to how this goes...
    >
    > Sean
    >
    > On Oct 27, 6:00*pm, s...@obanion.us wrote:
    >
    > >http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/downl...k5.0_form.html

    > > Above is the web site for downloading Java for OpenVMS.
    > > When submitting it's filled out registration form, connection to
    > > ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM times out, which also does not respond to
    > > PING.

    > > The support page for the above page points to the same
    > > ONLINECGI03.COMPAQ.COM so a direct complaint is not possible.
    > > I've submitted this problem through ITRC...

    > > Or is this just me?

    > > Sean

+ Reply to Thread