SYSMAN PROBLEM - VMS

This is a discussion on SYSMAN PROBLEM - VMS ; Hello I define a logical to be able to connect to remote nodes using SYSMAN and then run generic commands across all of the afore mentioned servers but I'm having a problem with one of them. The logical defined is ...

  1. SYSMAN PROBLEM

    Hello

    I define a logical to be able to connect to remote nodes using SYSMAN
    and then run generic commands across all of the afore mentioned
    servers but I'm having a problem with one of them.

    The logical defined is as follows:

    ASSIGN/TABLE=SYSMAN$NODE_TABLE/NOLOG -
    ABSLIV,ABSUAT,ABSDEV,ABSTST,BACC01,BACC02,SPTEST,A BSCUK ABS

    I then run SYSMAN> SET ENV/NODE=ABS

    I then run SYSMAN> do show system/process=*DEC*

    This works on all of the servers apart from one for which I get the
    error:

    %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node ABSCUK
    %SYSMAN-I-NODERR, error returned from node ABSCUK
    -SYSTEM-F-NOSUCHOBJ, network object is unknown at remote node

    I can however, run remote DECnet commands on both servers to each
    other and the DECNET_REGISTER info looks correct on both nodes.

    Can anyone shed any light on this at all please?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: SYSMAN PROBLEM

    Does node ABSCUK have SMISERVER as a defined "object" (SESSION CONTROL
    APPLICATION in Phase V)? I'd be slightly surprised if it didn't, but it's
    worth checking.

    It it a co-incidence that node ABSCUK is the last in your list? Have you
    tried adding a "," or another (fake) node at the end of the list? What
    happens if you use SYSMAN> SET ENVIRONMENT/NODE=(ABSCUK) on its own? What
    happens if you use SET ENV/NOD=(ABS) [with the brackets]?

    --
    Cheers, Colin.
    Legacy = Stuff that works properly!

  3. Re: SYSMAN PROBLEM

    Colin Butcher wrote:
    > Does node ABSCUK have SMISERVER as a defined "object" (SESSION CONTROL
    > APPLICATION in Phase V)? I'd be slightly surprised if it didn't, but it's
    > worth checking.

    On Phase 4, the SMISERVER decnet object is created dynamically by the
    SMISERVER process. So it is not "defined" in some permanent database.

    Either SMISERVER process is unable to create the decnet object, or the
    decnet is not defined to accept calls from ither nodes, or SMISERVER has
    disapeared from that node.

    I think you can attempt to restart SMISERVER from the SYSTEM account
    with: (if SMISERVER is no longer running)

    @SYS$SYSTEM:STARTUP SMISERVER

+ Reply to Thread