AS200 and DE500 - VMS

This is a discussion on AS200 and DE500 - VMS ; I acquired a DE500 ethernet card recently and was wondering if anyone knows will it work in my AlphaStation 200? I'd like to retire the Jensen and go back to the AS200 as my local name-server and VMS "toy". D.J.D....

  1. AS200 and DE500

    I acquired a DE500 ethernet card recently and was wondering if anyone
    knows will it work in my AlphaStation 200?

    I'd like to retire the Jensen and go back to the AS200 as my local
    name-server and VMS "toy".

    D.J.D.

  2. Re: AS200 and DE500

    I run a couple in AS200.

    At 09:21 AM 10/25/2008, David J Dachtera wrote:
    >I acquired a DE500 ethernet card recently and was wondering if anyone
    >knows will it work in my AlphaStation 200?
    >
    >I'd like to retire the Jensen and go back to the AS200 as my local
    >name-server and VMS "toy".
    >
    >D.J.D.

    ------
    | Dan O'Reilly | "There are 10 types of people in this |
    | Principal Engineer | world: those who understand binary |
    | Process Software | and those who don't." |
    | http://www.process.com | |

  3. Re: AS200 and DE500

    David J Dachtera wrote:
    > I acquired a DE500 ethernet card recently and was wondering if anyone
    > knows will it work in my AlphaStation 200?
    >
    > I'd like to retire the Jensen and go back to the AS200 as my local
    > name-server and VMS "toy".
    >
    > D.J.D.

    I can't see any reason why it should not work. Do you need a second
    Ethernet interface? My Alphastation 200 has a built in interface with
    connectors for UTC and BNC.

  4. Re: AS200 and DE500

    David J Dachtera wrote:
    > I acquired a DE500 ethernet card recently and was wondering if anyone
    > knows will it work in my AlphaStation 200?

    Yes, but you may need to tell DECnet, TCP/IP, LAT, etc. that they
    should use EWB0 instead of EWA0.

    I used to use one in my AlphaStation 200 (now retired) and am now
    using it in my AlphaStation 500 with no problems.

    Alan

  5. Re: AS200 and DE500

    David J Dachtera wrote:
    > I acquired a DE500 ethernet card recently and was wondering if anyone
    > knows will it work in my AlphaStation 200?

    I used DE500s successfully in my AlphaStation 200s. I don't remember
    what flavor(s) of DE500 I may have used.

    A DE504 (the quad-port version) definitely did NOT work -- the firmware
    didn't know how to handle the PCI bridges that card used.

+ Reply to Thread