Hello,

we're running:

%PMDF-I-VERSION, PMDF version is PMDF V6.3
hp AlphaServer GS1280 7/1300 running OpenVMS Alpha V8.3
PMDF_SHARE_LIBRARY version V6.3-x13; linked 00:12:58, Aug 26 2007

We have the OpenVMS authentication method with LDAP. We use the
ExtAuth flag.

When we do a telnet connection to the server the password is case
sensitive.

In the pmdf_table:security.cnf we have:

[RULESET=default]
ENABLE=SYSTEM/PLAIN,LOGIN/*

But the PMDF clients authentication is not case sensitive.
OpenVMS synchronizes the system password with LDAP password.
It seems that PMDF tries to authenticate by LDAP and then with the
OpenVMS system password.

If you change the password in the OpenVMS system password (sysuaf),
the password now is case sensitive.

Do you now the reasson???

Thanks in advance

Regards,