mounting USB Sandisk - VMS

This is a discussion on mounting USB Sandisk - VMS ; Malcolm Dunnett wrote: > > forrret.kenney@hp.com _nospam wrote: > > "Tom Linden" wrote in message > > news p.uiat9kr2hv4qyg@murphus.hsd1.ca.comcast.net... > >> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 05:56:04 -0700, forrret.kenney@hp.com _nospam > >> wrote: > >> > >>> "Tom Linden" wrote ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: mounting USB Sandisk

    Malcolm Dunnett wrote:

    > forrret.kenney@hp.com_nospam wrote:
    > > "Tom Linden" wrote in message
    > > newsp.uiat9kr2hv4qyg@murphus.hsd1.ca.comcast.net...

    > >> Any plans to do so? BTW, what is the transfer rate on USB?

    > > No to the MSCP question.

    > Apparently shadowing doesn't work either. I tried shadowing a couple
    > of external 500GB drives (HP Personal Media drives). The first drive
    > mounted and worked ok, but the system crashed when I tried to add the
    > second drive to the shadowset(exception above ASTDEL). I also found that
    > dismounting the single member shadowset would crash the system.

    Question: Might you try using LDDRIVER to "shield" DSDRIVER from the
    weirdnesses of USB?

    Specifically, I'm suggesting using LD CONNECT to specify a block range
    from the USB devices, then INIT the LD devices and shadow them instead
    of the "raw" USB device.

    Working from (admittedly defective) memory here - my V7.3-2 system is
    not currently booted/-able.

    D.J.D.

  2. Re: mounting USB Sandisk

    > Question: Might you try using LDDRIVER to "shield" DSDRIVER from the
    > weirdnesses of USB?

    Sure that should work.

    > Specifically, I'm suggesting using LD CONNECT to specify a block range
    > from the USB devices, then INIT the LD devices and shadow them instead
    > of the "raw" USB device.

    You can do that, or just create a container file on the usb device and use that.

    Jur.

    David J Dachtera wrote:
    > Malcolm Dunnett wrote:
    >> forrret.kenney@hp.com_nospam wrote:
    >>> "Tom Linden" wrote in message
    >>> newsp.uiat9kr2hv4qyg@murphus.hsd1.ca.comcast.net...

    >>> No to the MSCP question.

    >> Apparently shadowing doesn't work either. I tried shadowing a couple
    >> of external 500GB drives (HP Personal Media drives). The first drive
    >> mounted and worked ok, but the system crashed when I tried to add the
    >> second drive to the shadowset(exception above ASTDEL). I also found that
    >> dismounting the single member shadowset would crash the system.

    > Question: Might you try using LDDRIVER to "shield" DSDRIVER from the
    > weirdnesses of USB?
    >
    > Specifically, I'm suggesting using LD CONNECT to specify a block range
    > from the USB devices, then INIT the LD devices and shadow them instead
    > of the "raw" USB device.
    >
    > Working from (admittedly defective) memory here - my V7.3-2 system is
    > not currently booted/-able.
    >
    > D.J.D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2