IMAP messages are not displayed - VMS

This is a discussion on IMAP messages are not displayed - VMS ; %PMDF-I-VERSION, PMDF version is PMDF V6.3-1 HP rx1620 (1.30GHz/3.0MB) running OpenVMS IA64 V8.3 PMDF_SHARE_LIBRARY version V6.3-1; linked 16:43:47, Dec 27 2006 I am having a problem with one user who is using IMAP to access her email. The email client ...

  1. IMAP messages are not displayed

    %PMDF-I-VERSION, PMDF version is PMDF V6.3-1
    HP rx1620 (1.30GHz/3.0MB) running OpenVMS IA64 V8.3
    PMDF_SHARE_LIBRARY version V6.3-1; linked 16:43:47, Dec 27 2006

    I am having a problem with one user who is using IMAP to access
    her email.

    The email client is not displaying all of the messages in ANY
    of her VMS folders.

    Here are the details

    * Everything was fine until yesterday

    * No other user appears to be having this problem

    * I have started from scratch (by deleting the Thunderbird
    ImapMail directory).

    It appears that all the header files in her INBOX
    are being downloaded( the bottom of the screen counts the
    headers as they are being loaded and there appears to
    be about 1200 headers)

    However only about 50 messages are displayed(the oldest of
    the 1200).

    * If she uses soymail all of the messages are displayed

    Any ideas on what might be happening would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Rochelle Lauer

  2. Re: IMAP messages are not displayed

    Whenever I advised anyone to delete the *.UID files, I
    always have had them delete the PMDF_IMAP.* and MAIL.MAI-UIDDIR
    as well. (But, alas, our VMS mail here has 5 weeks left.)

    --
    Bob Bayn ride-a-bike (435)797-2396
    Security Team coordinator

  3. Re: IMAP messages are not displayed

    --
    - Ken
    Ken Connelly Associate Director, Security and Systems
    ITS Network Services University of Northern Iowa
    email: Ken.Connelly@uni.edu p: (319) 273-5850 f: (319) 273-7373

+ Reply to Thread