setting IP in MP on RX2600 - VMS

This is a discussion on setting IP in MP on RX2600 - VMS ; I have been staring the shell commands and don't see how to configure the NIC. Display from shell appears ok, but from main menu it doesn't generate new lines but overwrites itself, which makes toggling through menu items a nuisance. ...

  1. setting IP in MP on RX2600

    I have been staring the shell commands and don't see how to configure the
    NIC. Display from shell appears ok, but from main menu it doesn't generate
    new lines but overwrites itself, which makes toggling through menu items a
    nuisance.

  2. Re: setting IP in MP on RX2600

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:32:29 -0700, Tom Linden
    wrote:

    > I have been staring the shell commands and don't see how to configure the
    > NIC. Display from shell appears ok, but from main menu it doesn't
    > generate
    > new lines but overwrites itself, which makes toggling through menu items
    > nuisance.

    Never mind figure it out (with a bit of help:-)

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  3. Re: setting IP in MP on RX2600

    Tom Linden wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:32:29 -0700, Tom Linden
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have been staring the shell commands and don't see how to configure the
    >> NIC. Display from shell appears ok, but from main menu it doesn't
    >> generate
    >> new lines but overwrites itself, which makes toggling through menu
    >> items a
    >> nuisance.
    >>

    > Never mind figure it out (with a bit of help:-)

    Care to let the rest of us in on the secret?

  4. Re: setting IP in MP on RX2600

    From the MP> menue enter CM to get to the command menue. Then use the
    LC
    command and answer the commands. For bounus points come up with all the
    uses of the IT command. Hint one of the things you can use if for it to
    tune flow control
    problems.

    Forrest

+ Reply to Thread