Repost: Using FTP proxy with MultiNET ftp - VMS

This is a discussion on Repost: Using FTP proxy with MultiNET ftp - VMS ; Over the weekend of September 16/17, an addressing change which moved a VMScluster running MultiNET version 5.2 from routable addressing to non- routable addressing was implemented at our site. After the change MultiNET FTP no longer can reach destinations on ...

  1. Repost: Using FTP proxy with MultiNET ftp

    Over the weekend of September 16/17, an addressing change which moved a
    VMScluster running MultiNET version 5.2 from routable addressing to non-
    routable addressing was implemented at our site. After the change MultiNET
    FTP no longer can reach destinations on the InterNET. There is a system
    in the routable part of our site which maintains FTP proxies; however, I
    don't seem to be able to find the appropriate MultiNET FTP command(s) or
    setting(s) which will allow the VMScluster nodes to use FTP to remote sites
    via the FTP proxy system. Can MultiNET FTP use proxies? If so, where can I
    find the information to enable that functionality?

    Thanks,
    Bill Glessner - Central Washington University
    - System programmer

  2. Re: Repost: Using FTP proxy with MultiNET ftp

    Bill.Glessner@cwu.EDU wrote:
    > Over the weekend of September 16/17, an addressing change which moved a
    > VMScluster running MultiNET version 5.2 from routable addressing to non-
    > routable addressing was implemented at our site. After the change MultiNET
    > FTP no longer can reach destinations on the InterNET. There is a system
    > in the routable part of our site which maintains FTP proxies; however, I
    > don't seem to be able to find the appropriate MultiNET FTP command(s) or
    > setting(s) which will allow the VMScluster nodes to use FTP to remote sites
    > via the FTP proxy system. Can MultiNET FTP use proxies? If so, where can I
    > find the information to enable that functionality?

    There is no support for FTP proxies in the MultiNet FTP client.
    You might be able to use it by modifying the commands you use. For
    example you might have to do something like -

    $ mu ftp/user="anonymous@ftp.server.com" proxy

    The proxy would then open a connection to ftp.server.com using the
    user name anonymous. This might not work on all proxies. If not then
    check the proxy server's documentation for details.

    regards
    Mike

    Michael Corbett Email: Corbett@process.com
    Process Software Phone: 800 722-7770 x369
    959 Concord St. 508 879-6994 x369
    Framingham MA 01701-4682 FAX: 508 879-0042

+ Reply to Thread