OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 - VMS

This is a discussion on OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 - VMS ; I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0 will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone confirm I'm ...

  1. OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0
    will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid
    Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can
    anyone confirm I'm not being spun the typical Oracle VMS yarn. I've
    had these messages in the past but nothing ever emerges.

  2. Re: OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    In article , heyesr@googlemail.com writes:
    >I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0
    >will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid
    >Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can
    >anyone confirm I'm not being spun the typical Oracle VMS yarn. I've
    >had these messages in the past but nothing ever emerges.

    I have no information about Oracle Server. However, fairly recently, the
    guy in charge of Oracle Rdb, Kevin Duffy, became the manager for Oracle
    Server on VMS as well. As an Rdb guy, he's proven a good guy. So I would,
    if I were you, write to him (at the usual firstname . lastname @ oracle.com )
    and ask him about this. I don't think he'll BS you.

    -- Alan

  3. Re: OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    Hi

    I've been told (a couple of weeks ago) by an Oracle support person that OEM
    grid control for Itanium would be available last week...
    It was promised to me at least twice in the past year, so I hope this is
    true now. My feeling is that it will be, as they have a date, not just an
    estimate.

    As for 10.2.0.4 I don't know. I hope to get it soon too.

    If you write to Kevin Duffy, can you post the answer here ?

    Thanks
    Syltrem

    wrote in message
    > I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0
    > will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid
    > Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can
    > anyone confirm I'm not being spun the typical Oracle VMS yarn. I've
    > had these messages in the past but nothing ever emerges.

  4. Re: OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    On Sep 24, 2:01*pm, "Syltrem" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I've been told (a couple of weeks ago) by an Oracle support person that OEM
    > grid control for Itanium would be available last week...
    > It was promised to me at least twice in the past year, so I hope this is
    > true now. My feeling is that it will be, as they have a date, not just an
    > estimate.
    >
    > As for 10.2.0.4 I don't know. I hope to get it soon too.
    >
    > If you write to Kevin Duffy, can you post the answer here ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Syltrem
    >
    > wrote in message

    > > I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0
    > > will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid
    > > Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can
    > > anyone confirm I'm not being spun the typical Oracle VMS yarn. I've
    > > had these messages in the past but nothing ever emerges.- Hide quoted text -

    What was interesting about the Grid Agent was that Oracle support said
    that it was due to be uploaded to their website last weekend, but due
    to a technical fault wasn't... this is probably cos they upgraded
    metalink. I'll look at emailing this chap tomorrow.

  5. Re: OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    On Sep 24, 10:21*pm, RobbieH wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 2:01*pm, "Syltrem" wrote:
    >

    > > Hi

    > > I've been told (a couple of weeks ago) by an Oracle support person thatOEM
    > > grid control for Itanium would be available last week...
    > > It was promised to me at least twice in the past year, so I hope this is
    > > true now. My feeling is that it will be, as they have a date, not just an
    > > estimate.

    > > As for 10.2.0.4 I don't know. I hope to get it soon too.

    > > If you write to Kevin Duffy, can you post the answer here ?

    > > Thanks
    > > Syltrem

    > > wrote in message

    > > > I've been told by Oracle that the terminal releasepatchset10.2.0.4.0
    > > > will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid
    > > > Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can
    > > > anyone confirm I'm not being spun the typical Oracle VMS yarn. I've
    > > > had these messages in the past but nothing ever emerges.- Hide quotedtext -

    > What was interesting about the Grid Agent was that Oracle support said
    > that it was due to be uploaded to their website last weekend, but due
    > to a technical fault wasn't... this is probably cos they upgraded
    > metalink. I'll look at emailing this chap tomorrow.- Hide quoted text -

    Friends, exciting news! The grid control agent is available for
    download here :
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...agentsoft.html

    Just waiting for the patchset and 11GR2 now as apparently they are
    skipping 11GR1 for OpenVMS due to "OpenVMS Customers reluctance to
    upgrade to the dot one version" I'm not sure thats true.

    So when's 11GR2 out...?

  6. Re: OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    On Sep 25, 9:22*pm, RobbieH wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 10:21*pm, RobbieH wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 24, 2:01*pm, "Syltrem" wrote:

    > > > Hi

    > > > I've been told (a couple of weeks ago) by an Oracle support person that OEM
    > > > grid control for Itanium would be available last week...
    > > > It was promised to me at least twice in the past year, so I hope thisis
    > > > true now. My feeling is that it will be, as they have a date, not just an
    > > > estimate.

    > > > As for 10.2.0.4 I don't know. I hope to get it soon too.

    > > > If you write to Kevin Duffy, can you post the answer here ?

    > > > Thanks
    > > > Syltrem

    > > > wrote in message

    > > What was interesting about the Grid Agent was that Oracle support said
    > > that it was due to be uploaded to their website last weekend, but due
    > > to a technical fault wasn't... this is probably cos they upgraded
    > > metalink. I'll look at emailing this chap tomorrow.- Hide quoted text -

    > Friends, exciting news! The grid control agent is available for
    > download here :http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...htdocs/agentso...
    >
    > Just waiting for thepatchsetand 11GR2 now as apparently they are
    > skipping 11GR1 for OpenVMS due to "OpenVMS Customers reluctance to
    > upgrade to the dot one version" *I'm not sure thats true.
    >
    > So when's 11GR2 out...?- Hide quoted text -

    Anyone managed to install and get this working yet???

    My script is:
    $ define ORA_BATCH_QUEUE_EGTD03 ORA_GRID_BATCH
    $ define ORA_AUTO_INSORACLE "TRUE"
    $ define EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_LEVEL 1
    $ ! This is so EMAGENT_PERL.TRC file gets written
    $ define EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_DIR -
    "/DISK$TSOFTWARE/oracle10g/gridcontrol/egtd03/sysman/log"
    $ ! Unix format
    $ @DISK$TSOFTWARE:[oracle10g.gridcontrol]orauser.com
    $
    $ emctl config agent updateTZ
    $ emctl start agent
    $
    $ exit

    but when you try and start it I get:

    %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of ORA_BATCH_QUEUE_EGTD03 has been
    superseded
    %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of ORA_AUTO_INSORACLE has been
    superseded
    %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_LEVEL has been
    superseded
    %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_DIR has been
    superseded
    Setting up ORACLE runtime environment...
    client_only install
    ORACLE runtime environment setup completed.
    %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of PERL_ROOT has been superseded
    %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of PERLSHR has been superseded
    Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 10.2.0.2.0.
    Copyright (c) 1996, 2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 10.2.0.2.0.
    Copyright (c) 1996, 2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Error connecting to http://egtd03:1830/emd/main
    Starting agent ...
    Timeout waiting for the agent process ORA_EMD_EGTD03 to start
    EMAgent is NOT running

    And the script finishes. at first it was saying " ORA_ROOT:
    [LIB]ORA_JAVA_VMS_SHR.EXE not available for install" so I copied this
    from my RDBMS Oracle Home.

  7. Re: OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

    RobbieH wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 9:22 pm, RobbieH wrote:

    >>> What was interesting about the Grid Agent was that Oracle support said
    >>> that it was due to be uploaded to their website last weekend, but due
    >>> to a technical fault wasn't... this is probably cos they upgraded
    >>> metalink. I'll look at emailing this chap tomorrow.- Hide quoted text -

    >> Friends, exciting news! The grid control agent is available for
    >> download here :http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...htdocs/agentso...
    >>
    >> Just waiting for thepatchsetand 11GR2 now as apparently they are
    >> skipping 11GR1 for OpenVMS due to "OpenVMS Customers reluctance to
    >> upgrade to the dot one version" I'm not sure thats true.
    >>
    >> So when's 11GR2 out...?- Hide quoted text -

    > Anyone managed to install and get this working yet???
    >
    > My script is:
    > $ define ORA_BATCH_QUEUE_EGTD03 ORA_GRID_BATCH
    > $ define ORA_AUTO_INSORACLE "TRUE"
    > $ define EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_LEVEL 1
    > $ ! This is so EMAGENT_PERL.TRC file gets written
    > $ define EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_DIR -
    > "/DISK$TSOFTWARE/oracle10g/gridcontrol/egtd03/sysman/log"
    > $ ! Unix format
    > $ @DISK$TSOFTWARE:[oracle10g.gridcontrol]orauser.com
    > $
    > $ emctl config agent updateTZ
    > $ emctl start agent
    > $
    > $ exit
    >

    > but when you try and start it I get:
    >

    > %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of ORA_BATCH_QUEUE_EGTD03 has been
    > superseded
    > %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of ORA_AUTO_INSORACLE has been
    > superseded
    > %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_LEVEL has been
    > superseded
    > %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of EMAGENT_PERL_TRACE_DIR has been
    > superseded
    > Setting up ORACLE runtime environment...
    > client_only install
    > ORACLE runtime environment setup completed.
    > %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of PERL_ROOT has been superseded
    > %DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of PERLSHR has been superseded
    > Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 10.2.0.2.0.
    > Copyright (c) 1996, 2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
    > Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 10.2.0.2.0.
    > Copyright (c) 1996, 2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
    > Error connecting to http://egtd03:1830/emd/main
    > Starting agent ...
    > Timeout waiting for the agent process ORA_EMD_EGTD03 to start
    > EMAgent is NOT running
    >

    > And the script finishes. at first it was saying " ORA_ROOT:
    > [LIB]ORA_JAVA_VMS_SHR.EXE not available for install" so I copied this
    > from my RDBMS Oracle Home.

    Are you sure the ORA* logicals shouldn't be /SYSTEM ?

+ Reply to Thread