mailing list GW OK? - VMS

This is a discussion on mailing list GW OK? - VMS ; Hi, I saw several messages in the newsgroup comp.os.vms that are not sent to my email account? Do others mailing list subscribers see the same problem or is it just my local problem? regards Eberhard...

  1. mailing list GW OK?

    Hi,

    I saw several messages in the newsgroup comp.os.vms that are not sent
    to my email account?

    Do others mailing list subscribers see the same problem or is it just
    my local problem?

    regards
    Eberhard

  2. Re: mailing list GW OK?

    In article ,
    vaxinf@chemie.uni-konstanz.de wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I saw several messages in the newsgroup comp.os.vms that are not sent
    >to my email account?
    >
    >Do others mailing list subscribers see the same problem or is it just
    >my local problem?
    >
    >regards
    >Eberhard

    Hi Eberhard,

    During the SMG "fun", I noticed a lot of messages were missing from INFO-VAX
    (I'm assuming that this is the email list that you are referring to). Google
    groups kept me up-to-date until I bit the bullet, and unsubscribed from
    INFO-VAX, and started running my own news client on my VMS machine. I can say
    with almost total certainty that I've not missed a message on c.o.v. since.

    INFO-VAX is a good resource if you are limited to email access on the 'net, but
    it seems to be limited. I wonder if some of the messages were "quarantined"
    by questionable language, or some other form of filtering. Would the moderator
    of INFO-VAX be available to comment?

+ Reply to Thread