Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken - VMS

This is a discussion on Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken - VMS ; Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my credit card has been posted. I ...

  1. Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the
    Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in
    several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my
    credit card has been posted. I emailed the website but have had
    no response.

    Anybody else having problems with the hobbyist site?

    Bill (aka VMS Mangler)

  2. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    On 21 sep, 19:10, "vmsmang...@earthlink.net"
    wrote:
    > Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the
    > Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in
    > several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my
    > credit card has been posted. I emailed the website but have had
    > no response.
    >
    > Anybody else having problems with the hobbyist site?
    >
    > Bill (aka VMS Mangler)

    It took about two weeks for the CD to end up on my doormat. Then again
    I'm in the Netherlands.
    Dunno where you are but be patient....
    Hans

  3. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:10:05 -0700 (PDT), "vmsmangler@earthlink.net"
    wrote:

    >Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the
    >Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in
    >several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my
    >credit card has been posted. I emailed the website but have had
    >no response.
    >
    >Anybody else having problems with the hobbyist site?
    >
    >Bill (aka VMS Mangler)

    if the site (or rather the site admins) is near Houston (Plano?) maybe
    consider that most of the area had no power for
    the last week or two, (Hurricane Ike)

  4. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    Joe Bloggs wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:10:05 -0700 (PDT), "vmsmangler@earthlink.net"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the
    >> Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in
    >> several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my
    >> credit card has been posted. I emailed the website but have had
    >> no response.
    >>
    >> Anybody else having problems with the hobbyist site?
    >>
    >> Bill (aka VMS Mangler)

    > if the site (or rather the site admins) is near Houston (Plano?) maybe
    > consider that most of the area had no power for
    > the last week or two, (Hurricane Ike)

    Plano is about 300 miles north of Houston. There should not be any Ike
    related power problems.

    Chris Scheers, Applied Synergy, Inc.

    Voice: 817-237-3360 Internet: chris@applied-synergy.com
    Fax: 817-237-3074

  5. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    "Chris Scheers" wrote in message news:eeUCk.1025$Rx.456@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com...
    > Joe Bloggs wrote:
    > > On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:10:05 -0700 (PDT), "vmsmangler@earthlink.net"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the
    > >> Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in
    > >> several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my
    > >> credit card has been posted. I emailed the website but have had
    > >> no response.
    > >>
    > >> Anybody else having problems with the hobbyist site?
    > >>
    > >> Bill (aka VMS Mangler)

    > > if the site (or rather the site admins) is near Houston (Plano?) maybe
    > > consider that most of the area had no power for
    > > the last week or two, (Hurricane Ike)

    > Plano is about 300 miles north of Houston. There should not be any Ike
    > related power problems.

    Off Topic-ish:
    I went to the place a few years ago... Definately in Plano, North of Dallas! Clay Denton is a great guy, and at the time had a
    whole warehouse full of VAX goodies!!! :-)

    *Paul*

  6. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 1:10 PM, vmsmangler@earthlink.net <
    vmsmangler@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > Last Sunday evening I ordered the OpenVMS Alpha media from the
    > Hobbyist website. It said my order was received and would arrive in
    > several days. Nothing has happened since then. No transaction on my
    > credit card has been posted. I emailed the website but have had
    > no response.
    >
    > Anybody else having problems with the hobbyist site?
    >
    > Bill (aka VMS Mangler)

    The guy who runs the site has a Real Job, too.

    If you don't get it soon, drop me a line- I'll contact him directly.

    WWWebb

  7. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    I finally received a message from the Hobbyist site. He has been very
    busy with his real job but he will be sending the media this weekend.
    Thanks to everyone for their messages.

    Bill (aka VMS Manger)

  8. Re: Ordered media from hobbyist site but no action taken

    "vmsmangler@earthlink.net" wrote:

    > I finally received a message from the Hobbyist site. He has been very
    > busy with his real job but he will be sending the media this weekend.
    > Thanks to everyone for their messages.
    >
    > Bill (aka VMS Manger)

    Indeed. Please remember that the VMS Hobbyist folks do this on a
    volunteer basis - they have real jobs that pay the bills and demand
    their attention at first priority.

    D.J.D.

+ Reply to Thread