SSH break-in attempts - VMS

This is a discussion on SSH break-in attempts - VMS ; >... > OK, I'll admit my ignorance :-) I thought I had just one problem after > upgrading to TCPIP V5.7, > apparently I've got (at least) two... > 1) I can no longer use PuTTY in SSH mode after ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

  1. RE: SSH break-in attempts

    > OK, I'll admit my ignorance :-) I thought I had just one problem after
    > upgrading to TCPIP V5.7,
    > apparently I've got (at least) two...
    > 1) I can no longer use PuTTY in SSH mode after the upgrade
    > 2) how do I disable Version 1?
    > Hans

    HP's SSH is Version 2 so you do not have to worry about Version 1.

    Has V5.7 been released now? I am still using T5.7 and I had no problems with
    SSH when I upgraded from V5.6 on both Alpha and IA64. What problems are you
    seeing with SSH?

    If someone has a pointer to when I can download V5.7 then I would appreciate
    receiving it.

    Peter Weaver
    www.weaverconsulting.ca www.openvmsvirtualization.com
    www.vaxvirtualization.com www.alphavirtualization.com
    Winner of the 2007 OpenVMS.org Readers' Choice Award for System
    Management/Performance

  2. Re: SSH break-in attempts

    Mike R wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 1:27 am, Alan Frisbie
    > wrote:
    >> Jan-Erik Söderholm wrote:
    >>> Alan Frisbie wrote:

    >> Also, has anyone come up with something similar to this
    >> "tarpit" feature for FTP connections? My day would be
    >> complete if I could eliminate that group of script kiddies.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Alan

    > No tarpit, but why not just close FTP e.g.
    > $tcpip show service ftp /full

    Because our customers use it to send/retrieve large artwork files.

    Alan

  3. Re: SSH break-in attempts

    Peter Weaver wrote:

    > When I first created this I was disappointed to see
    > that the attackers give up so early in the attack.

    So am I. It really surprised me. I figured that they
    would hang in there until the cows came home. Such wimps. :-)

    > But if you want them to go away faster you can try
    > adding a "SET OUTPUT_RATE=00:00:02" to the
    > LOGIN.COM and see if that helps.

    Thanks for the tip; I hadn't thought of that.

    Alan

  4. Re: SSH break-in attempts

    Brian, indeed it is the Google groups interface. It's a choice: run a
    "real" newsreader at home or use Google at work. (They don't let me
    carry in a personal Alpha :-)
    Hans

  5. Re: SSH break-in attempts

    "Peter Weaver" schreef in bericht
    >> OK, I'll admit my ignorance :-) I thought I had just one problem after
    >> upgrading to TCPIP V5.7,
    >> apparently I've got (at least) two...
    >> 1) I can no longer use PuTTY in SSH mode after the upgrade
    >> 2) how do I disable Version 1?
    >> Hans

    > HP's SSH is Version 2 so you do not have to worry about Version 1.
    >
    > Has V5.7 been released now? I am still using T5.7 and I had no problems
    > with
    > SSH when I upgraded from V5.6 on both Alpha and IA64. What problems are
    > you
    > seeing with SSH?

    Peter,
    no, I'm at TCPIP V5.6 eco 2. Sorry.