Jabber & VMS - what happens next? - VMS

This is a discussion on Jabber & VMS - what happens next? - VMS ; http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2008/...CO.COMHOMEPAGE...

  1. Jabber & VMS - what happens next?

  2. Re: Jabber & VMS - what happens next?

    On Sep 20, 5:53*pm, "John Smith" wrote:
    > http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2008/...SITION=LINK&CO....

    CommunigatePro runs on VMS and does instant messaging. I would not be
    surprised if it can talk to Jabber based systems as those use a
    commonly implemented IM protocol.

  3. RE: Jabber & VMS - what happens next?

    Just to emphasize Ian's note on Communigate Pro - it runs on Alpha and
    Integrity. It can also be used to replace Exchange back end servers with
    A stable, secure, HA alternative & still keep the Outlook client (or
    just about any other email client).

    For those who would like a pretty cool demo of Communigate Pro,
    check out:

    http://www.communigate.com/enterprise/pronto.html (Pronto demo very
    cool)

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/mail.html (bit dated as current
    V5.2 is out for Alpha as well with more features)

    http://www.communigate.com/enterprise/large_uc.html (features)

    They also have free try before you buy version available that is
    restricted to 5 accounts for testing out.

    Regards

    Kerry Main
    Senior Consultant
    HP Services Canada