Manipulating debug and traceback flags - VMS

This is a discussion on Manipulating debug and traceback flags - VMS ; I'm looking for a couple of old programs, called SETEXEFLAGS and PATCH_TRACEBACK, that used to be hanging around in cyberspace someplace. I need these to manipulate the TRACEBACK flag in an AXP image. While I can probably figure it out, ...

  1. Manipulating debug and traceback flags

    I'm looking for a couple of old programs, called SETEXEFLAGS and
    PATCH_TRACEBACK, that used to be hanging around in cyberspace someplace. I
    need these to manipulate the TRACEBACK flag in an AXP image. While I can
    probably figure it out, it's easier to just compile & run something
    existing.

    ------
    | Dan O'Reilly | "There are 10 types of people in this |
    | Principal Engineer | world: those who understand binary |
    | Process Software | and those who don't." |
    | http://www.process.com | |

  2. Re: Manipulating debug and traceback flags

    In article <6.1.2.0.2.20080919113643.02066888@raptor.psccos.co m>, Dan O'Reilly writes:
    >I'm looking for a couple of old programs, called SETEXEFLAGS and
    >PATCH_TRACEBACK, that used to be hanging around in cyberspace someplace. I
    >need these to manipulate the TRACEBACK flag in an AXP image. While I can
    >probably figure it out, it's easier to just compile & run something
    >existing.

    What version of VMS? If there PATCH, I can tell you how to do it quickly.

    notice, disclaimer and quotations.

  3. Re: Manipulating debug and traceback flags

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:38:33 -0600, Dan O'Reilly
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for a couple of old programs, called SETEXEFLAGS and
    >PATCH_TRACEBACK, that used to be hanging around in cyberspace someplace. I
    >need these to manipulate the TRACEBACK flag in an AXP image.

    ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/vms/

    have a look for SET_EXE.COM

    usage: @SET_EXE image [/[no]DEBUG] [/[no]TRACE]

+ Reply to Thread