Re: Is there an updated Ghostscript for VMS? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Is there an updated Ghostscript for VMS? - VMS ; From: Malcolm Dunnett > #include /*Protect against compiling with different > switches*/ > .^ > %CC-F-NOINCLFILEF, Cannot find file specified in > #include directive. > at line number 62 in file SYS$COMMON:[DECW$INCLUDE]XLIB.H;1 > > Note the error is in a ...

  1. Re: Is there an updated Ghostscript for VMS?

    From: Malcolm Dunnett

    > #include /*Protect against compiling with different
    > switches*/
    > .^
    > %CC-F-NOINCLFILEF, Cannot find file specified in
    > #include directive.
    > at line number 62 in file SYS$COMMON:[DECW$INCLUDE]XLIB.H;1
    >
    > Note the error is in a standard VMS header module, not a file from the
    > ghostscript distro.

    define X11 DECW$INCLUDE:

    > I think the problem is that I don't understand C include directives
    > properly. What is the significance of the "<" vs quotation marks on the
    > include?

    HELP CC /INCLUDE_DIRECTORY

    Drugs may help.

    > What is the significance of the X11 prefix?

    It's a directory in UNIX-land. A logical name workes in VMS.

    > (As you can tell, I'm not a C programmer).

    It's getting more obvious. Isn't this all very educational?

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-info
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: Is there an updated Ghostscript for VMS?

    Malcolm Dunnett wrote:
    > Steven M. Schweda wrote:
    >>
    >> define X11 DECW$INCLUDE:
    >>

    > Yup. I missed one of the "double $" bugs in openvms.mak, it was
    > defining X11 as DECW$$INCLUDE:, which didn't work terribly well.
    >
    >>> (As you can tell, I'm not a C programmer).

    >> It's getting more obvious. Isn't this all very educational?

    > Terribly (more than I wanted to know).
    >
    > Anyway, I've built the executable and "gs -h" works (kind of a "hello
    > world" test). I'll do some more serious testing tomorrow.

    I use Ghostscript a lot on OpenVMS and got several earlier versions to
    compile so I feel your pain. Please post the fixes when you are done. I
    can provide some serious testing on a new version fairly quickly.

    Jeff Coffield
    www.digitalsynergyinc.com

+ Reply to Thread