From: billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon)

> If you are a residential customer:
> 1. You probably don't have a clue what ahy of this means.
> 2. You have no need to run your own mail server.
> 3. Your AUP (at least for every ISP in the US who's AUP I am familiar
> with) prohibits you from running an servers.

I don't wish to divert yet another unproductive discussion, but when
I was looking for an ISP for my residence (1999), I asked the candidates
about servers. I chose one whose (or "who's", if you're illiterate)
response was, "We don't care what you run." They've been quite
satisfactory ever since.

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-info
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547