This is a discussion on MultiNet ECO kit available: KERNEL-UPDATE-131_A052 - VMS ; MultiNet ECO kit announcement The following ECO kit is now available for MultiNet: ECO: KERNEL-UPDATE-131_A052 Description: Correct a problem with static arp definitions; Correct a UDP buffer management problem Release date: 3-SEP-2008 Ranking: 2 Max ranking: 1 Versions: V5.2A Requisites: ...
MultiNet ECO kit announcement
The following ECO kit is now available for MultiNet:
Description: Correct a problem with static arp definitions; Correct a UDP buffer management problem
Release date: 3-SEP-2008
Max ranking: 1
To search the MultiNet ECO database, please visit the following URL:
For more information, contact Process Software via:
The ECO kit README contents are below.
KERNEL-UPDATE-131_A052 - Kernel ECO kit Rev 13.1 for MultiNet V5.2A 19-Aug-2008
Copyright © 2007, 2008 Process Software, LLC
This kit updates MultiNet V5.2 Rev A with a new version of MULTINET.EXE
and IF_SE.EXE for MultiNet for OpenVMS (VMS/VAX V5.5-2 and later,
VMS/Alpha V6.1 and later), or MULTINET_KERNEL.EXE for MultiNet for
VMS/Integrity V8.2 and later.
The ranking for this ECO is 2.
The overall ranking for it is 1 (KERNEL-UPDATE-120_A052).
The following changes have been made in this kit:
- Correct a UDP buffer management problem that can cause inaccurate usage
counts and dropped packets on sockets.
ECO Rank:2 KERNEL-UPDATE-131_A052 DE 10779
- Correct a problem with how static arp definitions are entered into the
routing tables that prevents them from being used when a lookup is done
for them. This change allows bootp to correctly assign an address to a
remote piece of hardware.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-130_A052 DE 10776
This kit also includes the following changes from previous ECO kits:
- Correct a problem which prevents sending UDP packets to an IPv4 mapped
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-120_A052
- Correct a potential crash due to failure to get memory.
ECO Rank: 1 KERNEL-UPDATE-120_A052 DE 10762
- Correct a problem with Samba attempting to join a domain
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-120_A052 DE 10764
- Correctly initialize an IGMP data structure so that code that walks
the multicast data structures doesn't ACCVIO and cause a system crash.
ECO Rank: 1 KERNEL-UPDATE-110_A052 DE 10734
- Correct an error that prevents MULTINET SET/ARP from being able to
delete existing arp entries.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-100_A052 DE 10721
- Modify the main interrupt processing loop such that it takes a break and
releases the spinlock if it has held it for more than 1/2 of the
spinwait timeout value. This provides an opportunity for other code
that needs the spinlock to get it and reduces the chance of a spinwait
ECO Rank: 2 KERNEL-UPDATE-090_A052 DE 10703
- Correct an error in IPSEC key processing that can cause a crash.
ECO Rank: 2 KERNEL-UPDATE-090_A052
- MultiNet 5.n requires the difference between the available window and
the amount of window known to peer to be at least 50% of the maximum
possible window before a window update is sent when there is no other
reason to send a packet. MultiNet 4.4 required the difference to be at
least 35% to send the window update. Setting the kernel variable
TCP_44_WIN_UPD to 1 will return to the V4.4 behavior.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-080_A052 DE 10686
- Change the way that IPv6 Link Local addresses are generated so that it
now matches RFC 3513 Appendix A. The universal/global bit will now be
clear for addresses that are generated from the Ethernet adapter's
manufacturer's MAC and set to 1 when the address is generated from the
DECnet Ethernet address. This will change the resulting addresses of
Ethernet adapters that are being used for IPv6.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-080_a052 DE 10677
- For Alpha and Integrity increase the size of the Ethernet message
transmit queue to 5000. Also add the kernel variable SE_QUEUE_HIGH
which will keep track of the maximum value seen.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-071_A052 DE 10673
- Correct a couple of potential crashes due to improper interlocking.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-070_A052 DE 10653
- Delete ARP information when an interface is set down.
- For VMS V8 (Alpha and Integrity) implement transfers larger than
65535 bytes such that 65535 is returned in the second word of the
IOSB and the actual number of transfered bytes is returned in the
third and fourth words of the IOSB. UCX_LIBRARY_EMULATION-080_A052
is recommended to best take advantage of this feature. This
duplicates behavior of TCP/IP Services.
ECO Rank: 3 KERNEL-UPDATE-070_A052 DE 10619, 10662
- Correct an error in managing routing table update timers that can cause
a system crash. (DE 10633 KERNEL-UPDATE-060_A052) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct an error that limited the number of PD interfaces that could
be defined on Integrity systems to 8.
(DE 10635 KERNEL-UPDATE-060_A052) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct potential routing problems when using IP Cluster aliases.
(KERNEL-UPDATE-060_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Allow a new bind to an address and port when there is an existing socket
that is disconnected and has SOREUSEADDR or SOREUSEPORT set.
(DE 10616 KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Change the internal priority of memory allocation so that it is more
important than packet processing. This can help avoid panics due to
being out of memory in very busy systems.
(KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Allow the IPv6 STF (6 to 4) interface to send the IPv4 encapsulated IPv6
packets through a relay router when a route has been sent up to one.
Use the following to set up a route:
$ mult set/route/add=(dest=0::0,gateway=2002:c058:6301:/proto=i6
This requires that your system is able to route IPv4 packets to
(KERNEL-UPDATE-051_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Reduction in alignment faults on Integrity systems.
(KERNEL-UPDATE-051_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct errors in how the NTYDRIVER port routines link to the terminal
on Integrity systems. This patch is necessary for Point Secure's System
Detective to work with MultiNet on Integrity systems.
(DE 10570 KERNEL-UPDATE-040_A052) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct problems with processing some IPv6 packets.
RTSOLD-010_A052 should also be installed so that the Router Solicitation
packets are correctly formed.
(DE 10549 KERNEL-UPDATE-030_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct problems with cluster alias addresses.
(DE 10551 KERNEL-UPDATE-030_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct some errors in IPv6 code that could cause a system crash.
- Add controls to routing header 0 (zero) processing for IPv6.
Routing headers are disabled unless one of the following is true:
The MultiNet kernel variable ip6_rht0 is greater than zero, or
ip6_forwarding is non-zero and ip6_rht0 is zero. The default
is that ip6_forwarding is zero (end node/host) and that ip6_rht0
is -1 (don't process). A processing limit of 1 routing header
has also been added.
- Improve IPv6 PCB lookup algorithms.
- Correct a buffer management error that can cause crashes when DECnet
over IP or the PWIPDRIVER are being used.
(DE 10525 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-020_A052) ECO Rank: 1
- Correct an error that can cause the FIN flag to be set on the second to
last packet of a TCP connection. This causes the other side to drop the
final packet and any data that may be contained in it.
(DE 10508 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-010_A052) ECO Rank: 1
You must reboot after installing this ECO kit for the changes to
[End of ECO announcement]