From: David J Dachtera

> I'm likely wrong, but I've not (yet) heard of DVD/RW software support
> for VMS as yet, only DVD-R and DVD+R.

Likely, I'd guess. Cdrecord 2.01.01a42 (at least) says things which
suggest that it's possible:

ALP $ cdrecord --help
[...]
-format format a CD-RW/DVD-RW/DVD+RW disc
[...]

Actual documentation may say more. (But who reads _that_?)

I can't remember if I ever tried an RW. I may have been so happy at
finally finding a DVD-writing drive which worked well enough to let me
copy a Mac OS X DVD that I stopped testing before I had tried all the
disc types. (And my old-junk Macs might not be able to read one even if
I could write one, which suspicion might have stopped me from trying,
too.)

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-info
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547