Re: rx2600s on eBay - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: rx2600s on eBay - VMS ; "Malcolm Dunnett" wrote in message news:Uxotk.11168$Ks1.9793@newsfe02.iad... > If any of you hobbyists (or others) want to run an Itanium VMS system go > to eBay and enter 200249647480 into the search box (rx2600 Dual 1.5 CPUs > 10GB memory, no ...

  1. Re: rx2600s on eBay

    "Malcolm Dunnett" wrote in message
    > If any of you hobbyists (or others) want to run an Itanium VMS system go
    > to eBay and enter 200249647480 into the search box (rx2600 Dual 1.5 CPUs
    > 10GB memory, no disks). Should make a pretty sweet VMS server.

    The text in the listing says no optical drive, but it looks like there is a
    CD drive in the unit (I see the cable on the back of it).

    John

  2. Re: rx2600s on eBay

    On Aug 28, 5:01*pm, "John Reagan" wrote:
    > The text in the listing says no optical drive, but it looks like there isa
    > CD drive in the unit (I see the cable on the back of it).

    Looks can be deceiving. The unit I received from this eBay seller
    does not include a DVD drive.

    The cable is there, and it lays against a filler plate.

  3. Re: rx2600s on eBay

    On Aug 28, 5:01 pm, "John Reagan" wrote:

    > The text in the listing says no optical drive, but it looks like there is a
    > CD drive in the unit (I see the cable on the back of it).

    The actual description in the auctions says
    "Optical Drive(s) : No" for some auctions and
    "Optical Drive(s) : DVD-ROM" for others.

    I guess it's up to the bidder to decide which one
    to bid on...

    Jan-Erik.

+ Reply to Thread